Part One

Where was I? Oh yes, the voices. For the first time in all these years, I had a reason to believe I wasn't living in a fantasy world. People. They existed. On hearing these voices, my curiosity grew extremely, pondering now why I was  forbidden to look out of the window and any human contact with anyone other than my parents was essentially forbidden. As my interest built, I opened my heavy, creaking door and stumbled across the landing to my  parents' room. My heart started to beat as I lifted my shaking fist towards the door. I thought to myself, this is it. Time for answers.

I knocked. Suddenly, the door swung open as my parents hurried to the door.
'What is it?' father  had roared, as if I had interrupted something.
Peering into their room, I could just about make out a shadow...
"Oh yes,' I had said, 'I wanted to enquire as to why I am not allowed outside. Yes, I am aware of the pollution, however, I heard voices. Outside. People. In the forbidden.'
Mother turned to father all of a sudden, eyeing him closely.
"Well,' she said, 'its safe for them, they're... different."

That was not enough. I would not settle for such as answer. I had to escape. I had to see the outside. For days, I lay on my wooden floor, searching for an escape.. an escape! That was it! I needed to escape, see for myself the outside world and explore the apparently unexplored. The deserted. The unsafe. The question was, was this all a lie?

How could I know? How could I determine the truth? Escape – yes, but how? My current house had a simple layout, the door, always bolted, always locked at the front. Through the corridor there were decorative skulls on the wall. To the left was my room, bolted for most of the day, but I had an hour to myself in which I was free. To the right was my parents' room, always bolted and I was never allowed in. That was it. Ahah! I forgot, at the end of the corridor was a trap door, which I wasn't meant to know about. Frankly, I would never have found it if I hadn't snuck my head around the corner that one day. When I had looked out, it was ajar very slightly and being drawn to a close, and that was it. Shut. Gone, forever out of mine. That was the way. My way. Until that day. So, escape, yes.
Naturally, I started to devise a plan. When my room was next unbolted, I should search for a key which I could them use to escape. I thought hard, and yet couldn't think of a possible way to gain these keys – or where they would be.

                                           ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I did as I had planned, the following day, when my room was unbolted, I searched. Other than in the hidden rooms, there was nothing, nowhere. The skulls! That was it. I scanned the hallway for my parents are peered into them, standing on my tip toes. Keys! Just what I needed. So as to not act suspicious I wondered around the landing before heading back to my room. On further reflection, it's not a room. It was my cupboard. It fit me. That was all.