【 Chapter VI 】

NARRATIVE

Sophia's mouth hags open in shock

Sophia's mouth hags open in shock. "So you're all telling me, " she motions around the room, "that you were all famous? Why did I not know about this? Why don't you two do anything anymore? How-" she stops herself and looks at Dixie and Noah, completely mind-blown.

"Sophia, why don't you look my name up on the internet?"

"Charli D'Amelio is TikTok's biggest star and she has no idea why... Charli D'Amelio steps back onto instagram after almost twelve years... The D'Amelio family reveals how they dealt with rise to fame..." Sophia trails off, eyes widening, "You were the most followed person? Why didn't I know?"

"We wanted to have a family and live a normal life. It sounds ridiculous, because compared to other people we weren't even that famous, but I remember your mom and Charli going out for dinner with their friends one evening and getting mobbed whilst eating. It's not a nice environment to grow up in, it can make you stupidly entitled and we wanted the best for our family," Noah explains, and Dixie nods in agreement.

"Growing up like that would have been horrible, they did it for the best," Marc adds, continuing, "Grandma and I wanted a peaceful retirement and Charli and Madi choose to do the same, out of the public eye."

Sophia hums in understanding, looking down at her phone. "Who's Addison and why has someone written a news article about Char commenting on one of her posts?"

Everyone elses heads turn to Dixie, who takes a shaky breath. "When Charli started becoming popular, me and her joined a house called the Hype House, and your Dad was in the Sway-"

"The Hype House? What type of name is that? Sway isn't any better dad so don't you start laughing!" Sophia snorts, "Sorry, carry on."

"As I was saying," Dixie shakes her head, "Charli and I were in the Hype house, there were roughly twenty of us to begin with, and there was one member callled Addison. We became really close, we used to share a room when we were there, people used to ship us, we used to be known as 'Dixison' and we were always together. That was at the end of 2019, start of 2020, I think. Then, obviously, quarantine happened, which unless I'm mistaken, you've just learnt about," Sophia nods quickly, wanting Dixie to carry on, "We had to go back to Conneticut instead of staying in Los Angeles, and during that time, Addison, sort of changed, I guess. She had just moved to LA, so she stayed here with her family and started to become properly famous.

Remember the Kardashians? We watched an episode the other night? Addison began hanging out with them and they changed her as well. It wasn't that noticeable, but having spent so much time around her, I could tell. We stayed friends for quite a while after that, but weren't as close as before. When we decided to kind of step away from social media, I cut off all contact with her and haven't spoken to her for thirteen years. I miss her, a lot."

During this speech, Dixie's eyes were becoming shinier by the word, and the last sentence was finished with her sobbing and Noah pulling her wordlessly into a hug and rocking back and forth.

Once she made sure that she understood everything, Sophia took this opportunity to slip Dixie's phone off of her lap and quickly did something. Dixie shot up, narrowing her eyes at Sophia.

"What did you just do on my phone?"

"Nothing, you'll see," Sophia taunts before getting up and running off, pulling Madi behind her.

"Sophia Rose Beck, you are so grounded!"

"I'd just like to point out that I have nothing to do with this!" Madi shouts.

AUTHOR SPEAKSkind of a filler butit's fine (not really)

AUTHOR SPEAKS
kind of a filler but
it's fine (not really)

sorry for not
updating, i'm in
year 10 now and the
mere idea of GCSEs
are frEaKing me
out🙂

don't forget to vote
and comment what
you think did on
dixie's phone, see
you in the next chapter!!