New Friends and Old Enemies

The face formed into a familiar one, as the figures grip tightened on your shoulders.

"Twist?" You asked, shocked. You couldn't believe what you were seeing.

"Hey, (Y/N). Long time no see" He replied, letting a devious smirk dance across his features. You, go to pull away but his iron grip holds you in place. 

"Let..... Let me go!" You shout, thrashing in his grip. Feelings of rage surged through your system, you knew Twist was on Black's side the second you heard news about your grandmother. You knew he had a hand in it. He always did when it came to your family.

"Now, now" he twists you around so your back is against his chest. "Let's not make a show alright?" He asks pulling up his blaster to place it against your temple and you can only nod in fear. You feel a cold shock run down your spine. Slugs usually don't cause much damage if they're shot from afar, but this close...... one shot would definitely kill you. 

You could hear rustling in the holding room as Eli called out to you "(Y/N), what's taking so long? Come on!" You wanted to call out, to ask for help. But, you were in a vulnerable position and with Twist as a threat you knew what would happen.

"Hush now, we wouldn't want to make the floors dirty." Twist cooed in your ear as he slowly dug his nails into your arm. "Tell him you've gotta go, and that you'll be back." He whispered. You dug your nails into your palms, you could barely control yourself.

You hesitated, was he just going to leave them here? No, you knew Twist. He wouldn't let precious cargo get taken for just one traitor. For all you knew Black's henchmen could be waiting to spring a trap on them. You couldn't let this mission be for nothing. If you were quick enough maybe, just maybe, you could get push him away and grab at his blaster. You didn't have many options, but you have to try. 

With one fell swoop you bring your head back crashing it into Twist's forehead. He stumbles back, his blaster thrown across the hall. You grab the back of your head, it hurts, but it looks like Twist got the worst of it. 

"Eli! Black-" You don't have enough time to finish your warning before Twist jumps at you, bringing you to the ground. He tries to grab your wrists but you start thrashing, Twist was always stronger, but you couldn't let him win. Too much was on the line. With all your weight you surged up to shove him of, sending him only a foot or two back. Taking your chance you jump for the blaster, only the tips of your fingers graze it before you're pulled back into Twist's arms.

"I won't be beaten that easily!" He yells bringing his hands around your throat, in a tight grip. You could feel his fingernails slowly dig into your skin as you began gasping for air. Your nails raked down his arms and you tried to get him off but he was beginning to put all his strength into his hands. You could feel every last bit of air escaping piece by piece, breath by breath. Your vision became blurry, black spots dotting your vision as you watched Twist drain the life from your body. 

Suddenly a shot sounded in the distance and before you knew it a red blur hit Twist right off of you. You shot up, gasping, choking on the new intake of air. You held your throat and look to the shooter and found Eli standing there, blaster still in hand. Your hear immediately leaped. He saved you.

"Eli." You tried to yell, but all that came out was a hoarse whisper and a few short coughs. You managed to stand up and slowly make your way towards your saviour. Eli ran to your side and supported your weight on his side.

"(Y/N), oh god." Eli whispered. You managed a smile before looking back to find Twister on his side, unmoving. A chill shot down your back. Did Eli....... no. He'd be fine. You turned your head forward and to see a door way, you prayed it led outside. You didn't know how much more of this madness you could take. 

As you slowly made it to the doors, Eli's grip never faltered. It stayed tight and firm. You found yourself relaxed. His warmth pooled into you like the sun. You felt somewhat safe as you made it to the door way. Pushing it open you found the outside. Relief flooded your system, but it was short lived as you heard the familiar clicking of a blaster behind you. You turned only to see red hair in pig tails before everything went black.