Honestly (XIX - the sun: hold the line)

Muriel pushes his hair back and unclasps his hands from mine as I catch my breath. "Was that okay?" He pants and holds my cheek.
I nod and laugh breathlessly as he climbs awkwardly off of me. "I hope the other tents didn't hear that."
"I think you... might have been a little loud.."
"Oh man..." I sigh into my hands as he grins at me. Some wobbly footsteps come closer from the chatter outside and the two of us scramble to cover ourselves. "MURI- hic MURIEL-" Julian's familiar voice makes me snort. "Y/N?? MURIEL YOU- hic" His hand pulls the flap open and Muriel throws his cloak over me. "MURIEL POPPED HIS- hic HIS CHERRY!!" Scattered cheer comes from nearby as Julian howls with laughter at his own words. I cant help but stifle laughter into my hands. "Julian go away.."
"OOP TIME FOR ROUND TWOOO!!" He yells as he runs away. I smile and curl my arms around Muriel as he pouts, "should've soundproofed the tent or something..."
"I promise I'll be quieter next time."
"Next... time?" He blushes a little.
"Well you said we could spend a day in bed after all this..."
He splutters and turns a deep shade of red before I kiss him softly and stroke his hair. The colour from his face fades and he's left with a dreamy look. I take his hands and smile a little weakly; he notices this. "Are you okay?"
"I need to be honest..."
"Mm?"
"I'm actually a little terrified of all this..."
"Oh?" he whispers softly.
"I can fight! don't you worry about that I just... If I think about it too much it's a little..."
"I understand..." He smiles and holds my face.
"I know we'll be okay but sometimes the thoughts creep in."
"When they do, tell me and I'll distract you."
"How?"
"Well... say you're getting scared." he grins.
"I'm getting scared?"
He sits up slightly and presses his lips against mine, immediately passionate. I cling to it and pull him on top of me as he holds me close to him. It becomes deeper with every passing moment as he presses me back into the pillow and holds my waist. "We should stop before we do something more..." He huffs. I nod and pull hesitantly away, desperately clinging to him. "I guess that's pretty effective."
"I learn from you."
"Me?"
"Usually when I'm nervous you end up kissing me and it helps." I glance at his lips as he speaks, panting slightly.
"I read somewhere that... kissing someone you love has a sort of... calming effect..." My voice fades to a whisper as Muriel's face draws nearer.
"Maybe I need to calm down right now..." he closes the gap between us and let's his feelings take over again, kissing desperately. I comb his hair from his face with my fingers as he holds me closer and closer. We kiss for a long time, barely able to control ourselves from wrapping around one another. "Muri.."
"Mm..." He continues to kiss my jawline.
"did you say i love you last night because you thought we might not live today?"
He chuckles and kisses me once more, "I said it because I knew we'd live and I realised the only thing I wanted to do after was... be with you!"
"Me?"
"...duh" His face grows pink.
I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, "I love you.."
He chuckles and holds me tight against him, "I love you too, you know that."