Chapter 4

The Sapphire queen recoiled. She whipped around, seeking her first adjutant's eyes. "This was a grave mistake. I've never seen anybody so strong, but she is without control. Her passions are going to destroy the planet!"

Zaratta nodded. They had seen the ring overwhelm its wearer in the initial period of transition, especially after such an arduous journey, but nothing like this. Then again, no transport like this had ever been attempted. If the queen's second disapproved, her loyalty was great enough to keep her tongue silent. Her Sapphire guards took flight, gripping their power staffs.

Aga'po's eyes darted back onto the viewing sphere. Inside the purple orb, the Kryptonian, hovering high in the air, had grabbed her Daxamite mate by the collar. Her eyes burning with anger, she raised him and flung him in a powerful arc. His body hit the ground in an explosion of debris, skidding along the floor till it came to a halt. The Kryptonian yowled and took after him, crashing into his chest, the force of impact hurtling them through the wall.

Aga'po grabbed Zaratta's arm.

"No, wait. She's taking him to just the right place. We must stand back and let providence take its course." She hesitated. "But stay watchful. My daughter is down there as well."