Happy Birthday

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is shorter, I've been having migraines left and right but wanted to get this chapter out to honor Momo, for the true queen she is. 

As you prepared the gift that you got for Momo, different thoughts filled your head. What if she didn't like it? What if she found it weird that you were even going to wish her a happy birthday? But then again, she told you to come to her party at her home if you wanted, so it was reasonable to bring her a gift. But you barely met her around three weeks ago.

Whatever, you finished wrapping the gift and headed downstairs to see Jackie making some of Momo's favorite food, Okonomiyaki. "Thanks for helping me. I cannot cook for the life of me." You said. Jackie smiled and put it in a container. 

"No problem, I don't want you to burn water again." He responded. You chuckled and put the container on top of the gift.

 "Well, I will never forget the time that you tripped over a cat." 

Jackie stuttered and pushed you out the door, making you smiled wide as you set the gifts in your lap. The familiar scenes that you passed distracted you as children played and the adults worked, watching over the children while chatting with their friends or colleagues. "We're here, Miss L/n." Your driver informed. You nodded and spoke once more.

"Thank you, but please call me Y/n." 

The driver nodded and drove away. The large and beautiful home towered over you, but the familiar way, despite only being there for a little while, maybe a couple hours when you and Momo study or hang out together. Your anxiety gradually rose as you walked to the door, and since this was a formal event, you were wearing a white dress with white fishnet gloves and black heels. Overall, you looked nice, just like usual. About to knock on the door, the door was opened violently to reveal a middle aged woman with a large smile once she saw you. "Y/n?!" She exclaimed, excitement lining her tone.

You looked around nervously and fumbled with the gifts in your hands. "Yes? Do I know you?" You asked. She pulled you in for an embrace so tight you thought a bear could break their spine. 

"I was at the Golden Gala!" She exclaimed. Realization came to your mind as you remembered the boring, annual gala that your family hosted. You pulled away, thankfully, the gifts were still intact. 

"It's nice to see you again, Mrs. Yaoyorozu." You said while bowing. She smiled and led you inside, where you saw a large party being taken place.

Some of your classmates were by the buffet table while others were chatting away with their friends or with Momo's family. Surprisingly and unfortunately, the grape monster was invited, also known as Mineta. But besides from that, you know you were in for a good time. "Y/n, glad you could make it." Momo's said, as she approached you. A dark red dress suited the golden jewelry that she was wearing. Unaware to you, the gay panic started to rise, but you didn't know what it was so you brushed it off. 

"Glad I could make it,  thanks for inviting me." You responded.

She gave a faint smile and took the two gifts out of yoiur hands gently. "You're a friend, of course I would. You look amazing in that outfit." She said. You smiled in response.

"So do you." 

As the evening carried on, you met others, some pleasant while others you wanted to rip their head off. 

Around four hours later , almost everyone was gone except for the maids and butlers who were cleaning, and you and Momo. The two of you chatted, laughed, and watched movies like you two were old friends, despite only knowing eachother for almost three weeks at this point.

That's when you remembered you brought her a gift, so you walked to the kitchen and retrieved it before handing it to her nervously. "I forgot I got you a present, and sorry if you don't like it. I'm still not quite sure of what you like or dislike when it comes to gifts." You informed. She nodded and carefully set the gift in her lap, cautiously opening the gift to see a violet box with the logo of her favorite jewely store. "I know that we've only been friends for almost a month, but I thought I would get you a simple necklace. Sorry if that's weird." You said.

Momo sat in silence as she looked at the golden, elegant but simple necklace. Silver flowers were all over the chain, and her hero name was engraved into the pendant. "It's beautiful, thank you so much. You have an amazing taste in gifts." She complimented. You sighed in relief and grabbed your things.

"Well, I must get going."

Momo smiled and led you to the door, only to grab you by the wrist gently. "One more thing," She said mysteriously. You turned your head curiously. 

"What is it?" You questioned. She looked around before hugging you, immediately making you startled. 

"Really, thank you for the gift. And, I'm only a call away in case you ever need anything." She said. You smiled to yourself and hugged her back. 

Small amounts of blush lined both of you cheeks and your hearts were pounding out of your chests. The two of you seperated and said your goodbyes, but before you got into the car, you yelled: "Happy birthday!" 

A/N: This was cheesy, but I like it so it's sticking.