Apology

He rubbed the back of his neck and softly closed the door, setting the gift onto the bed and strolling over to where you sat on the couch. "So.....how are you?" He asked.

You rolled your eyes and stood up, setting the sandwich onto the couch and gripping the spine of the book, a glare from you making him weak in the knees. "What the hell do you want? Here to convince me to marry an old man that you know? Or perhaps you're here to convince me not to punch everyone in the face." You said, cracking your knuckles.

He raised his hands to calm you down, and the gift that sat on your bed caught your eye, which he seemed to notice. "I know what you're thinking, but I have a peace offering." He said, attempting to move the attention away from him.

You clicked your tongue, and once again glared at your father. "I seriously hope you don't think you can win back my respect with a cheap piece of anything. Knowing the things you've done, this is a way to make sure I don't leave this Hell of isolation." You speculated. You stepped forward and harshly pointed a finger to his chest. "And I refuse to stand for it. You might as well knock me out right now. Then maybe I won't have to punch you." 

He gulped and pulled away, his eyes telling you petrified him. He once again raised his hands above his face, and he spoke with a terrified tone. 

"You don't have to forgive me, but listen to what I have to say first."

I once again sighed and sat back down onto the couch, my gaze watching his every move. 

He ran his hands down his outfit in a self-soothing way, before gulping and licking his bottom lip. "Look, I'm so, so, so, sorry for what happened. I don't know what I was doing. The greed got to my head, and the way you looked at me and the way I heard you cry made my heart break. You don't have to forgive me, and you can cut me out of your life as you want, but please know I'm sorry, and I will do anything to earn your trust again."

You replayed his words in your head, and the way his voice trembled made me sigh and look at him. Standing up, you practically ran into your father's embrace, a sign of acceptance of his apology. 

Did that mean you completely forgave him? No.                                                                                              But did you hate him? No.

After a few minutes, you pulled away and looked at him with somewhat forgiving eyes. "I can't forgive you completely," you said, squeezing his forearm, "but I love you." 

He smiled and patted your shoulder, then gestured to the gift on the bed.

"It's from your friend. I think get name was Momo or something like that." He then left, heading back to the party.

Your eyes glazed the room before they landed on the gift, and you gently took it into your hand, gently opening it.

A second passed, and your eyes widened as they caught sight of the gift.

It was a note and a necklace which was made of a gold chain that was decorated with comforting messages engraved into tiny golden plates.

Your smile grew, and you immediately went to find Momo to talk to her, so you rushed down the stairs.

Nobody spared a second glance as you looked.

Where could she have gone?

As if this was a very cliche book or fanfiction you would read at three in the morning, your eyes landed on a tired Momo, who was leaning against the door with an empty cup in her hand.

Approaching her, you gently squeezed her arm, and an affectionate smile lined your lips. And Momo did the same, but there seemed to be a bit of hesitation.

"Is something wrong?" You asked, gently leading her up the stairs so she wouldn't have to overexert herself.

She gave a closed eye smile, but leaned her head on your shoulder, making a small amount of blush line your cheeks. The two of you reached your room, and you gestured to the bed.

"You're free to sleep on my bed, I'll just chill on the couch." You offered. 

She gave a gentle smile but looked to the couch; her smile fading. "But that wouldn't be fair." She replied. You softly sighed and gave her a welcoming smile, gesturing to the bed. 

"You take it, I'll be fine." 

She bit her lip in thought, and gently grabbed your hand, leading you to the bed. Then she made around ten pillows, making a wall in-between you two. 

"There." She said, pointing to the bed that had the Great Wall of China resting on it.

You smiled and chuckled at her antics before throwing yourself on the bed. Momo soon followed on the other side. You laid on your back and moved the gift that your dad had given you to your nightstand. Just as you could feel yourself drifting off, Momo's voice made you open your eyes. 

"You're amazing, you know that?" She asked, her voice laced with admiration with a tad bit of nervousness. 

You softly chuckled to yourself and replied, "You too."

Once again shutting your eyes, you grabbed a pillow from the wall and buried your face into it, and you heard Momo laugh. "You're quite childish." She said, before you could continue, she continued. "But it's cute."

Gay panic activated.

Your heart boomed in your ears as the compliment rang through your head, and your cheeks felt as if they were on fire. It didn't help you were holding back an unholy scream of a fangirl, as weird as that sounded. It took a few moments to respond, but when you did, you saw Momo do the same. 

"Thanks, I think you're cute too." 

Gay panic activated to the second power.