Chp 7

"What is that!" Yui yelled at the doorway.

Lunch had just started, and I was expecting her to come anyway, but she didn't need to be so loud. She scared everyone in the class half to death with her loud voice.

She marched towards me, not giving me a chance to explain. She dragged me through the halls. "Wha- Stop walking so fast!." My feet were dragging against the floor. "I have makeup. Let's go to our spot." I could only nod.

She pulled her backpack into her lap, pulling out some makeup and motioning for me to come closer to her. "Move your hair, you demon." I frowned and did as I was told.

"I'm not a demon." She made a "tsk" sound. "Explain this." She said flatly. I sighed. "It was from straightening my hair. I don't know-" She pinched my arm hard.

"Ow! What was that for!" I yelled, moving slightly away from her. "You're lying. Who gave you this."

I felt super embarrassed to admit that Tsukishima gave me this.

"Tsukishima." She stopped moving. "No." She said in disbelief. She smiled from ear to ear. "Have you guys been dating this entire time? How could you keep this from me!" She slightly shoved me.

I explained everything that had happened in the last few days. She couldn't stop smiling throughout my story. "Well shit." She put the makeup back in her bag. "I covered it best I can, but it was a little late. I mean, everyone probably already saw it, but." She shrugged.

She continued to press me for information on Tsukishima. She would occasionally tease me about the situation. She was always so easy to talk to. That's part of the reason we became so close. No matter how serious the problem, she always knew just what to do to make me feel normal and help me.

School felt like it ended so much faster than usual. Before I knew it, I was naturally making my way to the gym.

I had started to get this habit of watching my feet as I walked. A pattern I needed to get rid of soon. I kept bumping into people I didn't want to see.

"Ah. Sorry." I looked up and wasn't shocked anymore. "Oh. Hi Tsukishima." Is what I said but in my brain I was screaming. He's so pretty upclose!

"You do this a lot, don't you?" He said flatly. Leaning on the nearby wall. "I just like to watch my feet when I walk." He nodded and crossed his arms. "Yes, I know."

"I don't like that." He said slightly louder.

I tilted my head and raised an eyebrow. "Don't like what." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him again. My head was on his chest. I could hear his very steady heartbeat increase slightly. "That you covered my mark."

I felt like I needed to step back, but I didn't want to.

He grabbed my chin with his other hand, making me face up to him. I felt shivers go throughout my entire body. My face started to get hot. There was barely any space between our faces. I watched as his eyes scanned my face.

"You're so weird." He whispered before slightly pushing me away. He created more space between us, and I was still left dumbfounded. "Oh, I'm the weird one?"

He nodded his head and smirked slightly. "Yeah, you are. Don't be so hurt."

"I'm not hurt. Who would take you seriously." I said, stepping a bit further away. "You'll be late to practice. Not that you care for it anyway, but the others do. Don't bring the others down just because you don't care."

I walked past him, but he grabbed my wrists, quickly, pulling me close to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist so tenderly and leaned down. Almost like he was about to kiss me but missed my lips by a centimeter and whispered in my ear. "I do care. Never say I don't."

His deep raspy voice echoed. He nibbled my ear lightly before letting me go entirely and walking the opposite way.

"Practice is the other way." I breathed out. "I know." He waved goodbye without turning around. I watched as he walked away. Once again feeling disappointed in myself. I'm like jello in front of him, but once he leaves, I'm making scenarios in my head where I beat him up for being so mean.

"Hi, Kiyoko." I said as I entered the gym. To my surprise, Tsukishima had arrived before me. He smirked as he saw me enter but looked away, slowly, focusing on Yamaguchi again.

"Hi Y/N. It's just a regular practice day today. So we can take it easy." She smiled at the end of her words, and I could hear Ryu and Nishinoya screaming at the fact that Kiyoko smiled.

Practice ended a bit earlier than usual. Coach Ukai wanted to make sure the boys weren't working themselves too hard. Coach left, and of course, Kageyama and Hinata stayed.

"I'm going to practice more, okay? Get home safe and text me when you get home." Ryu ruffled my hair before he ran back to the court. The whole team continued practicing besides Tsukishima. I waved goodbye to everyone and started to make my way home.

I stuck some earbuds in and swayed slowly to the music that played. The music slipped out of my right ear. I looked up, and of course, Tsukishima stood there.

"What do you want." I spat out. He pouted, "Awh, I made the pipsqueak mad at me." He put the earbud in his ear and walked closely beside me. "I like this song too." He whispered before he turned it up a little.

He closed his eyes and stuck his hands further into his pockets, smiling lightly. I felt a slight blush on my cheeks as I watched him intently. He looked so peaceful. I loved when he looked so soft.

"Stop staring at me." He said bluntly without opening his eyes. My eyes shot straight ahead.

"I wasn't looking at you. Don't be so full of yourself."

We walked closely beside each other. He took one of his hands out of his pockets, and occasionally, our hands would brush each other, and I would feel electricity shoot throughout my hand. The song finished, and he took out the earbud handing it back over to me. He took a deep breath in and exhaled loudly.

"I know how it seems. That I hate volleyball and that I couldn't care less about it." He softly spoke. He kept his eyes focused on the road in front of us. "I guess I just haven't have my 'moment' as Bokuto says." He laughed a little. "But so many things make me feel weird. Volleyball is something I can't just give up on." He stopped walking and fell silent.

"I can't give up on you either." He whispered. "You make my head all fuzzy and do things that I would have never wanted to before." He eyes focused on me. "You're weird." He mumbled.

He started to walk backwards, removing his eyes from mine. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so serious. I'll just get going now." He fully turned around and walked quickly.

"Wait! Tsukishima!" I said a bit loud reaching out to try and grab him.

But he only started to run and all I saw was his silhouette disappearing into the dark street.

--

author here! - thank you for reading:)

i feel like im reading the story again lmao. i made tsukishima a bit more remorseful towards his actions and not so cringey

enjoy enjoy you guys:)

bye bye