Chp 15

(Y/N POV)

It seemed like hours had passed since my siblings left, and Tsukishima did. 

It was starting to get so dark, and neither of them was there. I started to worry just a bit. But it seemed I worried for nothing because just as I was about to call them, they both rushed in. 

"I'm sorry! We couldn't decide what to get, and I lost baldie for a bit." She said, placing the food on the table. Ryu hadn't said anything and stared off into space. 

Saeko split up our food, and she was first to finish as always. As much as I loved it, I couldn't eat much. Every swallow felt like I was eating wood. My appetite was getting smaller and smaller by the day. 

Saeko and I noticed that Ryu had also barely touched his food. It was weird, he always was a good eater, but today, he barely spoke or even ate anything. My sister and I shot looks at each other. Saeko nudged Ryu a bit. "Ryu-" 

"Why are you both acting like nothing is happening." He mumbled. Saeko glanced at me and looked back at him. "What?" Saeko whispered.

Ryu clenched his hands in his lap. "Why are you both acting like she isn't dying. Why are you both ignoring our reality? I thought I was okay with this, and I was having faith but seeing you right now. Seeing how pale you look and how weak your body is getting..." The words poured out from his mouth like a broken faucet. ?

"I told Tsukishima I trust him but seeing you right now. I can't trust him for shit! Y/N, just get the surgery! Love isn't the only thing that matters." 

Every word he held back for so long seemed to explode all at once. I didn't know how to respond. 

"Ryu, don't be like that c'mon. You said you trust Tsukishima now, right? Give it some time." Saeko rubbed Ryu's back, but it didn't matter. 

A knock came from the door alerting everyone in the room. "Come in." The doctor walked in with several nurses behind him. 

"I'm sorry if the shouting alerted you guys. My apologies." Saeko said as she stood up to apologize to the doctors and nurses properly. 

"It's quite alright. We're actually here to update you." The doctor's voice dropped, and the nurses beside him looked uneasy. 

"Her condition is worsening. It seems the thorns have almost doubled in amount. They're going to continue like this unless immediate action is done. She is already struggling to finish sentences without being caught up in coughs." He held his head down like an apology. 

"I would suggest, at this point, to get the surgery before you can longer be helped." 

At that moment, the continued talk from the doctor faded into nothing. A deep ringing panged my ears, drowning them all out. 

Now that my fate continued to be sealed, I couldn't believe it.

I stared holes into the bed in front of me and heard drowned-out whispers as the doctors talked to Saeko alone. They left, and Saeko sulked back to me. 

"Sis, I don't care what you choose, really. I'll support you through every decision you make, but please be smart about what you do next." She warned. "We'll leave you alone so that this decision comes from you and you only." She grabbed Ryu by the collar of his shirt, dragging him out.

Soon after they left, my coughs had only gotten worse. Petals riddled the floor and my bed. I tried standing up and kept tripping over myself. I kept trying to get to the window. 

I didn't want the surgery. I don't want it one bit, but that option kept becoming more and more enticing as my lack of mobility and lack of breathe kept becoming harder to deal with. 

I reached the window and opened it wide. Petals escaped from my mouth and drifted outside. The wind blew it from side to side taking it far away. I felt so weak all of a sudden. I could barely support myself up. I rested my heavy head on the windowsill, walking people walk in and out of this stupid hospital.

Petals kept escaping my mouth and decorated the sky as they fluttered away.

I saw someone tall and with dirty blonde hair approaching the hospital. He walked very slowly with his hands buried deep into his pockets. Before reaching the entrance, he stopped. It looked like Tsukishima. 

The petal drifted the floor around the man. He kneeled to pick it up. He looked at it for some time before stuffing it into his pockets and turning around quickly. As he turned around, I saw his face. It was Tsukishima. 

"Tsukishima!" I tried to shout. My voice was too hoarse, but he stalled a bit before walking again.

"Tsukishima!" I tried using all of my voice to call out for him. It hit my vocal cords like a knife. He stopped walking and turned around, scanning the area. "Tsukishima!" I screamed out again, not caring about how much it hurt.

He looked up. I couldn't very well see his exact expressions, but he looked down immediately and turned around to walk away. I used all my power to run of the hospital room.

"Y/N! Get back in the room!" I heard Saeko yell as I ran past the desk. I ignored all voices telling me to turn around. I couldn't—one last time. Just one last time, I needed to be near him.

I ran out the hospital doors. The ground was cold, and I felt rocks hit my bare feet. I scanned around to see where Tsukishima had gone, but I didn't see him. I ran in the direction I saw him last and kept going.

I asked people if they had seen him, but all responded with no, with some asking me, "Are you okay?" I never gave them a chance to continue asking more as I just kept going. 

I finally grew tired and took a seat on a bench nearby. I breathed heavily, and coughs erupted out of me. I covered my mouth to try and keep the petals from falling on the floor. It hurt so bad. All my energy was gone, and I never even got to see him.

At this point, I didn't care how stupid I looked. I was lovesick, literally. I look like a complete idiot to bystanders, but I just didn't care anymore. I needed this for me and me only. 

My fatigue caught up to me, and my body kept becoming limper. My eyes were fighting to shut close; despite my efforts to keep them open, they won. I let my body fall onto the bench, but warm hands caught my head.

I didn't have the energy to try to open my eyes back up again. They moved my body without a word. They wrapped my arms around, what I assumed, was their neck. Carrying me off. 

The last thing I remembered was nuzzling into the warmth of their body. 

------

author here - im almost fixing the chapters yayyy. i never knew how tiring this would actually be..

anyway - until next time :)