16

A few days later 

"Apples! Apples! Apples!" Lucas and Jungwoo chanted together as they ran ahead of the group hand in hand. There were smiles plastered across both of their faces. The others were left far behind as they fell into their own little world.

"Hi, what can I get ya?" The older lady asked from behind the booth with a sweet smile on her face. They stared at the names of bag sizes in confusion, not really knowing what they meant. "This is what a bushel looks like, then a half bushel, peck, half peck, and one-fourth" she clarified, pointing to each of the bags as she said their name.

Lucas turned to Jungwoo, "Do you want to pick together and then just spit them?" The shorter nodded excitedly before reaching for the random amount of money he had shoved in his pocket earlier. "I'll pay, Woo, it's okay."

A pout formed on the boys face as he muttered a small, "Thank you, Xuxi."

After he payed for one-fourth peck the lady grinned at them, "There are ladders scattered around if you need them, enjoy your date!"

The color drained from Jungwoo's face when he heard that. His stomach did an acrobatic performance while he deliberately avoided the younger's gaze.

"Thank you!" Lucas said happily before bowing respectfully.

"Y—You didn't correct her?" Jungwoo stammered, his eyes on his feet, watching his steps meticulously.

Turning to look at the boy, Lucas softly chuckled at how red his cheeks were. "Does it really matter if one lady thinks we're a couple?" He reached down and interlocked their hands, "Now stop acting weird, let's go pick some apples!"

✨✨✨

"Lucas help! I can't reach!" Jungwoo whined as he jumped up and down trying to reach the apple he wanted. Every time he jumped his finger tips grazed the apple, but he couldn't grab it.

The taller had to stand on his tippy toes to reach the one that Jungwoo wanted. He watched the boys face light up when he handed it to him. It confused him how such a small thing could make his heart beat out of his chest, but he couldn't help it.

"Shit! I just remembered that we came here with other people!"

Lucas's eyes widened when he realized that they did in fact ditch them completely. "Uhm...we'll find them eventually." He took the bag of apples from Jungwoo and examined it, "I think we're done...do you just wanna go get cider?"

"Sure, but I'm paying this time," The elder deadpanned before linking there arms and leading him to the Apple cider stand. "I'll go order, find a place to sit."

"What would you like, cutie?"

Jungwoo's cheeks darkened slightly when he looked up at the handsome boy running the stand. "U—Uh just two apple ciders please." He reached down and pulled a few dollars out of his pocket, which was quite hard because of how hard his hands were shaking.

"You here with your boyfriend?"

Shaking his head, he suddenly became interested in the pebbles littered around his feet, "no—just some f—friends."

A smirk formed on his face as Jungwoo handed him the money. His fingertips lingered on the boys hand longer than they should have. "My shifts over soon, baby, we should go back to my place. I'll make sure you have a good time," the words were followed with a wink that only made him ten times more uncomfortable.

"No thank y—you," he basically whispered, his eyes still glued to the ground

"C'mon if you don't have a boyfriend, what's the harm?"

Jungwoo almost jumped out of his skin when he felt a hand on his back. He turned and let out a sigh of relief when he was met with Lucas's worried gaze. The younger had seen the wink moments earlier, which made him notice how uncomfortable Jungwoo's body language showed he was. "Our tables over there, I can take care of this, b—Jungwoo." He said quietly before pointing to the wooden picnic table off to their right.

"Is there a problem dude?"

Lucas turned back to the man running the stand with an unamused expression. "Do you really think harassing somebody is the best way to flirt?"

The mans eyebrows furrowed, "What the hell are you talking about? Just take the fucking apple cider and leave."

"Thanks, I appreciate it," He said sarcastically before walking towards their table. "Hey, you okay?"

Looking up at the younger, Jungwoo forced himself to smile, "yeah, thanks."

But Lucas didn't miss how the boys hands trembled as he reached for one of the plastic cups. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He spoke quietly.

Jungwoo let out a bitter laugh. "I can't even get a fucking drink by myself without you having to help me."

"It's not your fault that he thinks it's okay to act like that."

"You're right—it's fine. We're supposed to be having fun and I'm not going to ruin it," Jungwoo mumbled before taking a big gulp of cider.

✨✨✨

"You losers! I thought you got lost!" Ten yelled when he saw Lucas pushing Jungwoo on a tire swing.

Waiting until the swing slowed down, Jungwoo stared at the blurry group of people, trying to make out who they were. "My mom told me to wait in one place when you get separated from somebody! That's what we did!" He raised his arms towards Lucas, "Help please, I'm dizzy."

A laugh came out of the youngest as he picked the boy up. When he put Jungwoo on the ground, he stumbled forward, and would've fell if it wasn't for the taller's quick reflexes.

"I'm tired...can we go?" Sicheng whined, leaning his entire body on Yuta.

"Ten~I'm tired too," Johnny said before wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

The short boy pushed him away, "Bitch you have to drive us home." 

As they were all walking to the parking lot, Johnny fell behind a bit to talk to Jungwoo. "So...I couldn't really tell if this was supposed to be a date because you and Lucas were off together the whole time."

"We're just a couple of friends picking apples together."

"You're wearing his jacket." The taller pointed out.

Jungwoo rolled his eyes, "I got cold and didn't bring my own jacket. He's just being nice." 

———

It's crazy how distracted I get while writing 

Thanks for reading lovelies