Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Chapter 13 "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

Hela

"You are traveling to Midgard again?"

"Of course, my dear why wouldn't I?" Frigga said giving her husband the cold shoulder as she packed her bag with the Midgard winter wear Loki had sent her.

"Loki and Thor are grown men they don't need their Mother constantly fretting over them." Odin chastised.

"Oh? And how do you know what our sons want or need?" Frigga turned upon her husband with a glare. "Because of you I am missing out on watching my grandson grow up. My sons are away and shall not return while you are acting so high and mighty with no sense of remorse! So I shall travel to where my sons and grandson are on Midgard and I will celebrate the Midgard holidays with them. Unlike you dear husband I love all my Children whether I bore them from my flesh or not. Now if you'll excuse me," with a wave of her hand Odin was pushed by an invisible force out of the room. "I need to finish packing." The door slammed in the All father's face and he was left standing there staring at the piece of wood.

"I see not much has changed since I left Asgard."

"What brings you home, Hela?" Odin turned to his eldest child, the one who left long ago.

"My Baby Brother wrote to me and asked me to attend this holiday on Midgard. He also said he had something important to talk about. Since I haven't had a holiday in centuries I decided to accept. I have one of the lesser gods watching over Niffleheim while I'm gone. I'm only here to pick up Mother. But I see that you are still the ever Stubborn Oxnard. No wonder your crown is the horns of the beast."

"Are all my children against me?"

"We're not against you old man, we are just not blinded by your illusion of Greatness any more. Father you are almost as old as time but still you learn nothing. Eons ago Prophesies were fact but now they are nonsense spouted off by attention seeking hacks. These hacks kill more innocents with their words than actually help those around them." Hela stalked towards the elder god, allowing her crown to come undone letting it return to its natural form of long dark hair. "You believe the disastrous futures of what might happen rather than the possible futures of Greatness for your children. So naturally they will leave your guidance just to prove you wrong. So take heed All-Father either learn to accept your family and all their flaws as well as your own flaws or you'll face the rest of your immortal life alone."

"Maybe you are right daughter, and it is time for this old fool to step down but your brother is not ready to rule." Odin sighed as he walked over to the vacant bench next to his wife's chambers.

"Does losing an eye mean that you only see half the picture and only listen to half of what people say?" Hela asked crossing her arms.

"Fine, then daughter what am I missing?"

"No one wants your Thorne old man. If I have to tell you what you are missing you will never learn. I will leave you to your thoughts as Mother and I have to leave soon for Midgard. Happy Christmas." Hela smirked as she passed him and into her mother's room. And there the great Odin sat with nothing but pride and lonely thoughts for company.

XxXxXxXxXx

"I do not understand the purpose of bringing a dead tree into our home just to set it a fire in the living room." Loki stated as he watched Tony and Clint dragged the freshly cut tree Through the Communal area.

"Lokes, Sweetheart we're a little busy here." Tony called from under the tree branches.

"Brother, why do you not help them you could lift that easily." Thor asked as he brought his brother a fresh beer from the kitchen.