Chapter Thirteen

Marc's POV

I look up and it's our doctor. He knows all about us and usually comes to take care of our injured.

"We are all here. How is she doc?" I jump up and go over to him.

"Hello, Marc, Damian."

How is my girlfriend? What happened?"

"She is stable now. She lost a lot of blood. We have her hooked up to fluids and blood transfusion. She will be with us for a couple days at the most. I also want to say sorry for your loss."

"Loss? What do you mean?"

"The baby, she suffered a misscarraige. We believe she was about five weeks old. The stress of everything. She needs to rest and take it easy for a few weeks after she leaves. She is a healthy woman and there is no reason she couldn't carry to full term in the future."

"I feel like someone has kicked me in the chest and knocked all the wind out of me. Did he just tell me Riley was pregnant? Something I never thought I wanted until I was faced with it and now it's gone before I ever knew. I fall to my knees and the tears start to fall. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I can't even look to see who it is.

"I am sorry brother. Doc can we go see her?" Damian says.

"She is resting now, but I will take you to her room."

It takes me a second to get back to my feet and Damian's hand never leaves my shoulder, his subtle way of letting me know he was there for us. We walk down the hall and Dr. Smith leads us into her room. We go in and I just stop at the door and can't move any further. I look at her and she is attached to wires and iv tubing. It breaks my heart and I start crying again. I can't stop thinking about what if I lost her and the tiny life we will never meet or get to hold. I wonder if they told her. Does she blame me for the loss? My sweet princess, I never meant for any of this to happen. Would she be better off without me? Then I think to myself, is this something I would want. Do I see myself as a dad? Would I be a good father? Maybe with her. I sit down in the chair next to her and grab her hand and kiss the back of it.

"Oh, princess! I am so sorry, I just keep messing things up with us don't I? Will you ever forgive me?"

"Damian, let's go and get some coffee. Let them have their space for a while." I hear Cas whisper and they get up to leave.

"Thanks guys." I say as they leave. A little while after they left Riley woke up for a bit.

"Marc, what happened? Why am I here?"

"Shh, relax baby. Let me go get the doctor." I ran out to let Doctor Smith know she was awake. He followed me back to her room.

"How are you feeling, Miss Foster?"

"A little groggy and my stomach is cramping badly."

"That's to be expected. Do you know why you are here?"

"I remember being in the kitchen and seeing blood and I wake up here."

"I am sorry to tell you that you had a miscarriage and lost alot of blood."

Riley's POV

Did he just tell me what I think he did?

"I did what?"

"You had a miscarriage, due to the stress. You will still bleed some just like a normal period which should last about a week. Everything looks good so there is no reason you couldn't try again. I will leave you tow alone now and check back in on you in a few hours."

What?! I was pregnant, and I lost it. Marc must be so angry. We never talked about family and babies. He hasn't said a word. He's going to leave me now isn't he? I killed his child. I was going to be a mom and now I'm not. The tears started falling and I couldn't stop them. He climbs into the bed next to me and pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms around me and strokes my hair, just letting me cry. He always knows what I need.