Chapter 3

It was starting to get late and Victor was still on top of me. Although I loved the intimacy, he really needed to leave. I didn't want my parents to get suspicious or catch us in the act, so I decided to end it. I pulled our lips apart and opened my eyes.
     "Victor, I'm sorry but I think it's time you go." Victor looked at the clock,
     "Oh yes!" He chuckled nervously and got up quite fast. Victor straightened his suit and dusted it off. He then brushed his fingers through his hair as he checked himself in the mirror. "Do I look okay?" he asked.
     "You look wonderful," I smirked. "Wait...what about the wedding?" Victor froze.
     "My goodness...I've forgot about the wedding. The church is quite a while away. What am I going to do?" Victor was fearful and I paused as I gathered my thoughts.
     "Well, you weren't here for that long. Just say you hadn't noticed the time when you were practicing your vows. But Victor...you can come with me and we can run away. Pack our bags and take a carriage to another town-"
     "Y/n...I can't. I can't leave my family like this. I would be a shame to everyone I know. Besides you shouldn't sacrifice the rest of your life for me."
     "But-"
     "Y/n, I can't. I'm sorry. I really love you, and leaving you will be the hardest decision in my life, but I need to." Victor came to tightly hug me, my forehead on his shoulder. "I'll miss you," he said.
     "I'll miss you too." Before he opened the door however, I added,
     "At least we could still see each other, right? Even when you're married."
     "Of course," he replied dryly. Then he disappeared and I stood there in the middle of the room. The quiet filling my ears. So much had just happened in an hour, and I didn't know what to do. What if I attend the wedding? No...who am I kidding, I wouldn't be able to watch. But I'd like to be there for him. I guess I could go and leave if I get uncomfortable. It was already 8:21pm and the wedding was supposed to happen at 7:00pm. God, I have to get ready, fast. I searched my closet to find an appropriate dress.
     "Aha!" I was carrying a petite and silky pink dress by the hanger. Attached to it was a lacy corset and some jewelry to match. I slipped on the corset looking at my back through the mirror to tighten it. I pulled on the dress and put on the jewelry as well as some heels. My hair was dry by now so I brushed it as fast as I could and tied it in a messy yet styled bun. I stood up and twirled in the mirror. "Perfect." I rushed through the front door without saying a word to my parents. The moment I reached the street I sprinted towards the church.