{CONCEPT} Cliffet

~o~O~o~

5014 A.S

~Cliff~

Cliff loved to sing.

Anybody who knew him knew that about him. From the day he was still a tiny dragonet, it had been his favorite thing to do, something he loved even more than flying. Dragons across the Sky Kingdom would tell him he would be the best singer in Pyrrhia one day, making him feel all weird and bubbly inside. In fact, he himself had proclaimed the exact same thing when he was younger. At the time, the attention made him feel awkward, but he had been in the spotlight the second he hatched, so he became accustomed to it. But seriously, if these other dragons didn't leave him alone, he was going to freak out.

As time passed, he grew shyer about his talent, only practicing when alone. When the moons were out, shining bright in the sky, he would lay down on his bed and write new songs, humming quietly to himself as he bobbed his head to an imaginary beat. When he was sent to the wingery, he would seclude himself from the other dragonets, quietly singing tunes and notes that only he could hear. When his mother permitted it, he would fly high in the sky, trying to perfect flowing melodies.

But there wasn't any song as beautiful as Princess Auklet of the SeaWings.

No, that wasn't some weird, lovey-dovey thing that so many songs were sung about. Cliff would never be a hopeless romantic like that heartbroken, exiled IceWing composer or some of those SandWings.

Well, maybe if A-

STOP THAT'S DEFINITELY ENOUGH.

Saying she was beautiful was just a general statement. She just was...really pretty. Her shiny green scales, sparkly dark-green eyes, and cool-looking glowing scales made her nothing like Cliff had ever seen. Not like the red and orange of the dragons of the sky, not like any of the other dragons he had ever seen from any of the seven tribes. She was just...different. Beautiful. On the inside and out.

Her dragonality was just so energetic and positive, he couldn't help but smile every time he thought of her. She was just so different, unique. That's what made her special.

The time he had first seen her, albeit only once, was a memory he would forever cherish.=

~o~O~o~

3 Years Ago

Cliff HATED royal stuff.

Don't get him wrong; he loved his mom, but he rather strongly disliked the royal mumbo-jumbo that she always dragged him into.

For example the-

"-negotiation of neutral territory betwixt the frontier of the Sea and Sky Kingdom." Ruby rattled off.

"But that's so BOWWING! I wanna do sumfing fun! I wanna pway!" Cliff complained.

Ruby sighed. "Cliff, sweetie, I promise we'll do something fun after Coral leaves. I just don't want to leave you in the wingery by yourself, since the last time..."

"DON'T CALLS ME SWEETIE! I's is the bravest, strongest, biggest warrior in the entire kingdom of sky!"

"Yes, yes." Ruby consoled. "But even warriors need other dragons to watch over them."

Cliff thought for a second, then sighed dramatically, flopping himself over Ruby's talons. "FINEEE."

So he stood up straight, wearing a grumpy scowl as he followed his mom into her throne room. Huffing, he jumped onto his own much-smaller throne as Ruby elegantly seated herself on hers next to him. He planned to stay there, laying down with an infinitely-grumpy expression on his face, when she poked him gently in the back.

"Honey, sit upright and turn that frown upside down." Ruby ordered jokingly.

"But mommy-"

"1..."

"2..."

Cliff's tough face broke. "Okay! Okay! I's stopping!"

Ruby smiled. "That's my dragonet."

A short while later, a deep-red SkyWing that Cliff recognized poked his head around the corner.

What was his name? Vermillion?

"Your Majesty, the queen of the SeaWings has arrived." The-dragon-that-Cliff-thought-was-Vermillion drawled in a snobby voice

Ruby tidied her jewelry and sat up straighter. "Great. Please, send her in."

"Yes Ma'am."

Cliff snickered. "Yez ma'am." He sneered, imitating the red dragon's weird voice.

Ruby stifled her giggles quickly, then took a deep breath to calm herself.

Moments later, a dragon, unlike any Cliff had ever seen, marched regally into the room. But as she sauntered past, his eyes didn't follow her. Instead, they were riveted at the green dragonet that was still crouched timidly at the door.

His jaw dropped to the floor. The pretty pearls around her neck, her shiny green scales, her cute, shy expression, and her large, green, worried eyes were all...really pretty.

And Cliff wasn't easily impressed.

"Wow." He finally mustered out. "She's bootiful."

As he stared, she looked up slowly and met his eyes.

He smiled.

She smiled back.

And his heart smiled.

~o~O~o~

This requested a while ago by Lolibollii . Sorry it took so long to get to your request!

I know this doesn't tell much about the plot of the story, but it gives you a general idea of the mood and the characterization of Cliff and Auklet. Please let me know what you think! Anything helps :)