Chapter 46: Voicing My Fear.

"Multiple scandals to be more accurate." Jimin corrected Baekhyun's statement.

"Elaborate." I said as I found a free spot on the floor to sit on. "Start by why you're here." I pointed at Baekhyun, Kai, Ten and Taeyong. Don't get me wrong, they've become good friends of mine but we're not that close for them to barge in unannounced.

"So a photo was leaked of you and J-Hope." Baekhyun started to explain.

"So? I'm always around BTS, it's been known."

"Yeah but the article was packed with you two on tour, during performances, when you thought you were off camera... etc." Jimin continued to explain but I still couldn't see it. However close I was with Hoseok I was sure not to show PDA to prevent such scandals. The only time we'd get together was behind closed doors.

"It was fine. ARMY defended you said you were just a friend, they basically took down the article and the reporter. Then they said that even if you were dating it was okay. They felt like they knew you, you were good to them and their boys and you're always honest and straightforward." Ten continued.

"But..?" I was sure there was more to this whole thing.

"But Exo-Ls said you're dating Baekhyun hyung. And they posted photos of you two out together." Taeyong explained.

"A fanwar broke loose on who's the one you're dating." Jimin spoke. I was starting to get a migraine.

"ARMYs started to excessively ship you with other members. More with Namjoon hyung than any other member." Taehyung's words stung a bit. He sounded disappointed. We were finally at ease, everything was calm while it lasted.

"Which didn't help Exo-Ls who started shipping you with me, Ten and Taeyong because apparently their logic is that all dancers click and are attracted to one another." Kai said unamused.

"Okay but I'm not dating any of you." I said looking around the room. "I'm not even dating the guy that I actually like. I'm miserably single at the moment." I stated facts. "And I'm basically a meme now. Every time I'll interact with an idol they're gonna ship us." I pinched the bridge of my nose as I thought more about it. "What's supposed to happen now?"

"Nothing. BigHit's management suggested to wait out those rumors and keep a low profile." Joon finally spoke.

"So, what's the problem? Why are you all here?"

"Because our companies agreed on the point of keeping a low profile. We decided to stay here for a while." Ten smiled after stating such stupid decision.

"Uh-uh. Nope. Everyone out." I said as I stood shooing them out of my apartment.

"Rude." Taeyong said through a pout.

"The press is camping downstairs." Jinyoung said amused.

"I don't care." I pushed my brother and his friends towards the door.

"But where are we supposed to go?" Jin asked.

"You guys literally own the penthouse." I said unamused.

"Okay. Fine." Jin retorted and walked out of the apartment. "No lunch nor dinner for you young lady." He scoffed and disappeared towards the elevators.

"Happy now?" Joon asked.

"Ecstatic." I gave him a forced smiled before finally pushing him out and shutting the door.

"Where did everyone go?" The clueless guy walked out of the bathroom looking around scanning the empty space.

"They're all up at the penthouse." I explained. "Actually, I'm glad you're still here. Can we talk?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Sure. Everything okay?" He asked worriedly.

"Yeah. I just have a lot on my plate and I need someone who knows me so well, someone who's not biased to help me understand myself and my thoughts." I said plopping down on the couch. He did the same. "Mark you've known me the longest, after Jaebeom of course..." I said.

"What's on your mind?" He laid his head on my lap and looked up at me. "I'm all ears." I did, I told him about everything, from the moment I befriended those boys until the events of the night before New Year's Eve.

"So yeah.. I'm confused and hella scared." I giggled nervously.

"I still don't see what you guys are afraid of. It doesn't make sense to me." He sat up straight facing me. "I mean, I understand but there's literally nothing stopping you."

"My fear's stopping me." I said quite frankly.

"Yuna. From what you told me, I concluded that you guys want safety, you want to be sure about everything and you want to know what the future holds but that's never the case. The beauty of every relationship is the excitement for the unknown, if you know everything you'd get bored in a matter of days." He paused to hold my hand. "There's nothing wrong with a bit of spontaneity, or mysteriousness. Again, that is the beauty of each relationship, trusting one another as you go through thick and thin together. That's what makes you grow closer, it's the trust, the communication, the passion and excitement. Don't give up on something so beautiful just because you're scared."

"What if I get hurt again?" I asked finally voicing my actual fear.

"Then you get hurt." He said bluntly. "You'll feel pain and you'll get over it." He sighed. "That makes you human, Yuna. It's good to be safe but it's never okay to let that stop you from leading the life you deserve." He retracted his hand to sit more comfortably. "You know? Even if you get hurt don't forget about the good moments you've spent together. Don't overlook the good memories you've made. Did you forget about how good you felt with Hoseok? About the good days you spent together?" He asked me seriously.

"Of course not. He made a mistake but he's not a terrible person. He was good to me. It's not completely his fault that we didn't work out." I answered honestly.

"Then you'll be okay. Plus, if it makes you feel any better, I can take Taehyung down if he hurts you. Might ask for Jaebeom and Jackson's help but that's beside the point. Oh Jinyoung might kill him too. I'm surprised he let Hoseok live." He said it in a way as if he was really concerned. I hit his shoulder playfully.

"I love him." I said and smiled sheepishly. "Taehyung, I mean."

"I knew whom you were referring to." He chuckled. "Then go get your man." I sighed.

"It's not that easy Mark. He's not that easy." He scoffed.

"Oh please. All men are easy." I looked at him with brows raised.

"Oh don't look at me like that. You know it's true."

"Then enlighten me Casanova."