Chapter Sixteen: A fight with Satan herself

"Hey."

I looked away from the window to see Mason standing there, "Hi."

He held out a small bundle of clothes, which I took gratefully.

"The pants might be a little big on you but they'll do the trick."

"Why are you helping me? I'm going against your borough."

"You helped me once, so now I'm helping you."

I smiled, "I mean all I did was grab you and run cause you were in my path."

"Still you helped me."

We sat in silence for a moment, "I think your making a mistake, she fights dirty."

I shrugged. "I can handle her."

"But what if you can't?"

I sighed "You sound like Davie."

"Probably for a good reason."

"Whatever."

He smiled "Get some rest, you've got a big fight ahead of you."

I was pretty restless that night. I started thinking back to when I got out of the refuge.

It was the middle of the day.

Snyder had been off at the races, or so I thought.

The main door usually locked after him but I had rigged it with string to open back up.

Glancing around everyone was gone off cleaning, I used the rigg to open the door and carefully headed out.

Snyder just so happened to be on the other side of the door waiting for me, Mason standing next to him crying.

"I...i...i didn't mean to tell him." He whimpered.

Snyder shoved him back, "Where do you think your going?"

"N....n...nowhere."

He folded his arms. "Is that so?"

"Not really."

Without thinking I shoved him as hard as I could, As he stumbled back I ran.

I again didn't think before doing something. I grabbed Mason, throwing him over my shoulder and sprinting out of that place.

Eventually the sun began to rise outside the window.

Quickly I changed into the clothes Mason had brought me.

I still had my old vest, which Jack had gotten me a few years back so I kept it. The shirt was the same green as the dress I had been given, and the pants a dark black.

(Think Jacks outfit but a green shirt)

Looking around I found some ace bandages and began to wrap my knuckles.

"Emerson? It's time."

I took a deep breath and followed Mason out of the room, finishing the wrapping as I went.

"Are you ready to lose?"

I scoffed. An entire room had been emptied for the fight, "Never trash talk before a fight if ya know what's good for youse."

Isabella was standing across the room, also dressed in pants.

"So who starts this me, or you?"

I smirked "You clearly ain't been in many fights."