Prolog

6 years earlier...

I take another puff. The smoke slowly fills my lungs as a wave of relaxation spreads over my body. This is only the first joint I'm smoking today, but since we had a few brews before, I feel like one is enough for now. I close my eyes, tilt my head back, and exhale slowly. Despite the fact that I hear loud sounds of music coming from the house behind me and every now and then someone yells something stupid, my calmness overwhelms me. I'm already used to it. I would be surprised if there was silence here. I wanted to sit on a sun lounger, but a strong wind picked up and it started to snow. It's damn cold so I take my last shot and throw the tip into the bushes. I'm going back inside. On the way, I pass some random people and a couple that is all over eachother in the corridor. Hopefully at least this time they'll go upstairs to some room and we won't have to listen to their loud moans like last time. I grab another beer from the fridge and join the guys who play xbox games.

"Oscar, your brother is hitting on you all the time." Daniel handed me the phone I had left on the table earlier. The moment I looked at the screen, the phone rang again. I rolled my eyes. I don't feel like talking to anyone, but I know he won't let me alone until I pick it up.

"What's up?" I ask uninterested.

"Where are you?" My brother is worried as always.

"At Daniel's. I'm not coming back."

"We're leaving in the morning, you should be back."

"I'm not coming back, are you deaf? I'm not going anywhere with you."

"It's Christmas, stop kidding and go home."

"I don't care. Fuck this Christmas."

"Parents will be angry. They had an argument already. You'll have time to come back. Please..."

"Henry. I'm not going to come back. I don't care if parents are angry or not."

"You don't have to be like that... it's not all about you. You ruin Christmas."

"Fuck this Christmas!" I must have said it a little too loud, because the eyes of all the people in the room were turned towards me.

"If you're not going, I won't go either. I don't move without you."

"Don't be silly. I know you want to go." I said a little calmer.

"But I won't go without you."

"Henry... just let it go."

"No! I'm sick of your quarrels. I want it to be normal. I want us all to go together and be a normal family again. You only make it worse. It's all your fault!" Wow. This is probably the first time he raised his voice to me.

"You don't know everything." I answer irritably.

"I know enough. I heard what parents say to each other. What they say about you. Stop clowning and come home."

"Even if I want to, but I don't, I have no way to come back."

"You can walk or ask someone to drive you."

"Noooo. I'm not coming back."

"Someone may come for you..." I was starting to get frustrated that he was not giving up.

"Who? You?" I huffed. "Come on, we both know you don't have any way to come. And don't even bother asking parents because I won't get into any car with them."

"Why?! You're acting like a damn brat when you're suppose to be an adult ... I... We've had enough of this."

"Anything else you want to say?! Because I don't have time for such nonsense."

"Just come home."

"I'm NOT coming back. Don't call me anymore."

I hung up, turned off the phone and tossed it on the coffee table. I'm nervous again and want to smoke again. I show Daniel with a gesture to make another joint for me and at the same time I sit comfortably on the couch and invite with my eyes  a fit brunette to join me.