Chapter 37

Love is like a roller coaster. It can take you to the highest, most spectacular heights or drop you to bottom in seconds. however, even with the risks, love is undoubtedly worth it in the end.

- Sheila Jackson Lee

***

Arthit heard from his classmates that going on dates at the amusement park was fun and a great way to get to know the other person. So he had decided, he was going to ask Kongpob on a date.

So he spent a couple of days pondering how he should ask the younger. It was hard. Every time he had opened his mouth to ask Kongpob for the date, there were unexpected interruptions every single time he just wanted to throw himself away for not being able to say it out.

Right now he had successfully finished the first part of his mission to ask Kongpob out on the date. They were having dinner together. He continuously kept stealing glances at the younger.

Kongpob noticed how Arthit kept looking at him. At first, he brushed it off as nothing really important. But, the older didn't stop staring. Kongpob set down his utensils and faced the older.

"Do you have something to say to me P'Arthit?"

"I-errrr...." Kongpob raised his eyebrow at the weird answer. The older definitely have something to say to him.

"Do you want to-"

"Ai Arthit!" The older got cut off by his friends.

"Fancy seeing you here." Toota grinned at his friend, earning himself a glare from Arthit.

Damn it! They ruined it again!

"We literally just saw each other a couple of hours ago," Arthit said through his gritted teeth. He flicked his head at them into another direction, asking both Bright and Toota to go away but the two only shook their heads at him with a teasing smirk.

"Kong, do you mind if we sit here with you two? I don't think I've ever had dinner with you in so long." Bright slung his arm around Kongpob's shoulder as he sat down beside the younger and lean onto him.

Kongpob looked up at Arthit who looked extremely annoyed. Toota had already taken his place beside Arthit, a satisfied grin on his face as well.

"Get your hands off him, Ai Bright." Despite the words sounding calm, Arthit wasn't calm inside at all. He was a volcano waiting to erupt and his friends were testing his patience.

"Why? Kong, you don't mind do you?" Bright turned back to his friend to stick his tongue out at him.

"Umm, it's fine P'," Kongpob said politely. Arthit scowled at his friends. He can't say "No" to Kongpob so they used the younger against him.

Why can't they go eat on their own?

Since they were already sitting down, both Arthit and Kongpob couldn't possibly chase them away. Kongpob was fine with the new arrangement, but Arthit continued to glare at his friends the entire time. He swore in his head that he would revenge them one day.

Just you wait guys, just you wait.

***

Kongpob and Arthit were now walking back to their dorms, feeling the fresh and cool breeze of the night. It was a comfortable walk back. Both of them could feel their hands brushing against each other, but they didn't take any initiative.

Arthit peaked over to Kongpob to see if the younger noticed their hands brushing against each other. Since he had no reaction to it at all, Arthit decided to not do anything.