chapter eighteen

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

may 12, 2014

"Shit, I realized that this is stupid and random so you don't have to continue to stand there, looking quite lovely," Jocelyn quickly rambles on while she evidently stares at the brunette with bright ocean eyes that is in front of her.

Louis contains the dominant eye contact between them before slightly chuckling at the sight of Jocelyn being nervous by his simple presence. "You also look quite lovely today."

Among the vivid sunrise in the background with the bird's chirping and the elegant bees buzzing, Jocelyn glimpses down at her outfit, completely forgetting that she wore a little black dress, at seven in the morning. The dress is quite suitable for her body, the material is silk and flares a bit at the bottom.

Why did I even choose to wear this? He will probably think I'm weird or trying too hard to impress him.

A vague tint of pink and heat spreads across the apples of her cheeks since Jocelyn worries she looks like a total mess this early in the morning. Jocelyn didn't want to drag Louis all the way to her house just because she needs his company but she did it anyway, zero hesitation running through her mind at that moment.

However, now she's having crucial doubts if this was the right decision to do, considering his bedhead and tired eyes are still prominent on Louis' features.

"I went out last night and didn't change out of my clothes so that's why I still have this dress." A visible lie that the two of them can easily point out without thinking twice.

His worn-out blue eyes intently observe Jocelyn from head to toe and shortly steps closer to her, stopping a few inches away from her with a subtle smile planted on his face.

Jocelyn purely gulps by Louis' butterfly filling action but eventually steps back from his allure and hurries over to her door to bring out something that will make their day a bit less unplanned. "Uh, stay out here and I'll be right back. Unless you want to come inside?" Her voice shakes just by the thought of having Louis indoors for the first time.

Louis shaking his head is the only answer Jocelyn needs to allow herself to instantly roam inside her cozy home to find the item she is relatively excited for.

The curly-haired girl soon walks out of her house and Louis lands his eyes on a dark red vintage-looking radio, possibly a speaker that Jocelyn is very much fond of.

She gradually settles the special radio dear to her heart on a small table near her porch and a white cushioned bench. Following her movements, Jocelyn pulls her phone out of her tiny purse that she recently carried out and puts on music.

But, not just any music, her own beloved playlist that she spent way too much time on to perfect for this single occasion. Jocelyn prefers to demonstrate who she is through songs instead of actually conversing with Louis. 

Although Jocelyn absolutely cherishes the moments they chat, whether it's over text, call, or in real life, she can't help but feel afraid that she'll fuck up in a conversation. Or even talk too much that might end up with her revealing something about her that she despises.

"These are all my favorite songs currently so the vibe might be changing," Jocelyn giggles, easing the tension that Louis was feeling about her pure complexion that's making his mind unusually spin in circles.