one, metamorphosis.

it was a nice beautiful day out on the gold coast. laura and cleo were chatting as they walked along the harbor at the marina. they had just left emma, who was practicing her swimming speed to get ready for regionals.

"cleo!" a voice called out her name.

"hey cleo!" the two girls came to a stop and saw zane bennett squatting next to his zodiac. she looked around to see if he was talking to her or laura. "yes that cleo," he said, with a devilish smile.

zane looked at his motor, then back at her. "i'm in some trouble here, can you help?" he asked. cleo looked over at laura who shook her head slightly. "uh, i don't think so." she turned her head back and started to walk away.

"come on," he stood up. "please? my zodiac won't go and all i need you to do is just pass me the tools."

"why don't you just ask nate?" laura questioned. zane shook his head. "he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a wrench and a screwdriver, he's useless."

before, laura could protest more, cleo walked over to him. a smirk appeared on zane's face as he watched her. "you know what why don't i help out too?" laura suggested. zane shrugged his shoulders. "the more the merrier."

"i'm not very good with boats." cleo warned him. "you'll be fine." he reassured her. laura and cleo stepped onto the boat, sticking their arms out to make sure they didn't fall into the water.

when they got in cleo went straight for the tools while zane started talking. "took me a while to realize someone took my spark plug." he said, untying the rope that keeps the boat from drifting away.

"so, does it work without one?" she asked shifting through the toolbox. suddenly laura felt the boat jolt forward and turned around to zane. "no. no spark plug, no spark." he smirked. nate, one of his friends walked over.

"i was getting sick of that thing anyway."

"why us?" laura questioned, while the boat drifted further away. "we didn't steal your spark plug!" cleo shouted. "because you guys are here!" zane shouted back. "my dad will buy me another boat anyway."

"i'll tell you what. if you get it going, you can keep it." laura knew there was no way they could fix the boat without that spark plug. "this isn't funny!"

"are you kidding?" zane looked at nate. "works for you right, mate?" they both laughed slapping their hands together. the two boys, looked at the girls laughing. nate waved goodbye as they drifted further.

cleo lost sight of the boys for a second as they passed another boat. "zane!" she shouted when she caught sight of them. "looks like you'll have to swim for it, cleo."

"jerks." laura mumbled.

she sat down shaking her head in disbelief. "this isn't happening." laura put her arm around her to calm her down. while they were drifting, someone jumped from the docks landing in the boat.

the girls let out a shriek, while the mysterious girl looked at them weirdly. laura stood up confused. "is this supposed to be some sort of rescue?" she questioned. "because there's a fatal flaw here." she said pointing towards the motor.