Chapter 10: Lies

I step out of the car. "Alright Annie what the HELL is going on?!" Wyatt yells. I jump back a bit and Wyatt noticed how loud he was. "sorry...." he mumbled.

"Ann's were you crying?" Jacob asked. I sigh and was to my room and open a secret door with my training outfit, mission, clothes and weapons inside. I grab an normal mission outfit and a spare 'normal' outfit in case things go to hell....again

I walk downstairs to see Steve who is also suited up

I walk downstairs to see Steve who is also suited up. "I told Buck to have a bag packed in case things go to hell...again. S.H.I.E.L.D is probably gonna come looking for him since he almost killed Fury last time too" he tells me.

"Annie? Please tell me what's going on" Wyatt calls from behind

I sigh and walk over to him "I really wish I could but I can't right now....ears everywhere" I whisper the last part and he nods.

Steve and I walk out and get on our bikes heading to H.Q

"Finally there you are" Rumlow groans. I growl at him and he backs away slowly. "What the hell happened to you?" He asked "not in the mood Rumlow can we hurry this up I need to get home to my-" Steve puts his hand over my mouth stopping me.

"Dog." He finishes. I glare at him and he removes his hand. The two of us walk us to General Hale's office.

"Ah Julianna, Steven please come in" She tells us in a bitterly sweet voice. I mentally cringe. "Mind telling me what The Director was doing in your house?" She asked as we sit down. "Well the Avengers come and visit me often you see I have twins and they all love them. Along with Director Fury. So he was probably coming to visit them" I reply

General Hale nods. "The director told us not to trust anyone I'm wondering if he meant you" Steve stepped in. "He said no one right? Then can you even trust him?" Hale asked Steve. "Maximoff lets go" Steve growled.

"By the way your friend if our top priority right now. He tried to kill the Director once who's to say he wouldn't do it again." She calls out as we left the room.

"Call Nat and Bucky tell them that we need to find out who's doing this." Steve tells me I nod and dial Bucky.

"Hey Buck. You might want to grab your bag and meet us outside the house with Nat" I speak into the phone. I hang up and we start to drive off until we get shot at by a Quinjet.

I hear Steve mumble some stuff like 'shit' and 'not again'. When we pull up again Nat orders me change into something less 'agent like' and more 'normal'

I throw on a pair of sweatpants and sweat shirt. I run down the stairs and see my children staring at me while being held by Jacob and Wyatt.

I quickly kiss my girls foreheads and peck Wyatt's lips "I love you" I whisper and bolt out of the room.

I walk up beside Bucky and Steve. "You ok Ann's" Bucky asked. "No...Wyatt and I were supposed to write out wedding invitations today" I tell him.

"Look I get it your upset but we have better things to do than weep over nothing" Nat growls. "Natasha..." Steve tries to reason with her but she storms away.