15

Molly

Molly had been diligently studying for finals and had finished her last paper. She was glad to have something to distract her from what had happened the other night. She regretted the texts she had sent Jordan, but also had mentally high-fived herself for being the first to say goodbye.

She knew she had no reason to be so upset with him. He was Jordan Knight and she was just a small time girl from Illinois. Of course he had tons of girlfriends. He'd probably slept with half of Boston. It was really none of her business and she had no reason to be angry with him. She sighed and blew her bangs out of her eyes. She needed a trim before she left. She walked over to her wall and wrote it down on the "things to do before Boston" list she had started.

So a girl answered his phone? Did she expect him to stop dating the minute he met her? She opened her laptop and typed in "Jordan Knight girlfriend". A whole slew of photos of Jordan with various women popped up. Molly could feel herself tensing more and more as she looked from one gorgeous woman to the next. She slammed her laptop shut and growled as she flew up out of her seat with her hands in her hair. Why was she torturing herself? She was being absolutely stupid. She was better than that. She didn't need to compare herself to other women. Jordan Knight was a professional singer who had offered her the chance of a lifetime and she was going to take it. She would work her ass off, go to Paris and Italy and travel the world. She would come back more mature and with a killer résumé. She would land a job at a big five hundred company and be on her way to becoming the Vice President of HR. She needed to focus on the prize. The prize of this contest was a job. It was not Jordan Knight. He had made it clear that he was not interested in her. She had to accept that and move on. She needed to grow up and put on her big girl panties. She would not allow her panties to ever get wet in his presence again. That was final!

Molly's phone buzzed.

Zoe: Going to get my mail then stop at the grill before I come over to study. Want me to get yours?

Molly: Yes please and could you also get me a chicken salad with honey mustard? I really need one tonight!

Zoe: You got it. See u soon.

Molly's stomach began jumping up and down at the idea of having a chicken salad. Molly loved chicken salad. It was who she was. She got chicken salad. It made sense to her. Molly could feel herself coming together. She needed to focus on what was really important and right now, that was her grades, and chicken salad.

Thirty minutes later, Molly started to wonder what was taking Zoe so long. She glanced out her window in time to see Zoe struggling to open the door. She had her backpack on, was carrying a large cardboard box and plastic bags from the grill. She put down the box and tried to open the door. She held the door with her foot and tried to pick up the box. Her foot slipped off the door just as she picked up the box and by the time she got back to it, it closed. Although Molly couldn't hear her, she could see Zoe saying 'fuck' repeatedly.

Molly ran down the stairs and opened the door. "Need some help?"

"For fuck's sake, Molly! Who in the hell sent you this fucking box? I mean it's heavy as fuck!"

Molly shrugged her shoulders and laughed as Zoe shoved the box at her. Zoe wiped her forehead and pulled herself together instantly, as usual.

As Zoe went through the door she turned back to Molly and walked backwards up the stairs stating, "I'm so fucking hungry I could eat ten drummers drumming."

Molly was glad Zoe was there with her. She knew the night would fly by.

Zoe plopped down on Molly's bed and dove into her hamburger from the grill. "So, what's in the box?" Zoe asked with a mouth full of burger.