Chapter 2

Eight months later

                                 •••

Berlin-Tegel Airport,

Months have passed and I'm still drowned by the distressful occurrence that have had transpired several months ago. Deep cuts and bruises are still fresh in my emotional and mental being caused by my love for Katelyn, and despite of what she did to me I still loved her and yearned to fix our relationship. I even stayed in California for almost four months, hoping that she'll ask for forgiveness and I shall willingly grant it for her but she boasted her pride up above her and pushed me away.

Eventually, fate had decided her destiny. After two weeks, I heard a news that she'd got arrested and convicted of illegal drug use. As a result, the modeling company had to disregard and break down her modeling contract. Dejected by so many things, I decided to go back to Germany and continued my leg therapy there.

Afflicted by the thought, I let out a breathy sigh as I walk along the passenger lane towards the departure area together with other passengers, idly fiddling the passport in my hand as I search my eyes aroud the hallway. Little did I know that there are tons of eyes staring at me, some are murmuring with their friends while staring at me, some are taking pictures probably a member of paparazzi, some are looking with reverence, and some are just merely staring like something is cliché.

In​sou​ci​antly, I shrugged my shoulders and ignored them. I swung my backpack to my front and yanked my 18k Gold Aviator sunglasses out of its case and wore it vainly, setting the world in black. I was about to advance when something made me stop, I looked back and saw a young boy who's now holding the hem of my suede jacket.

"H-Hi, y-you're Ahren Oscar right?" The boy asked nervously while hiding his other hand in his back.

I smiled, "Hello there, and yes that's me" I replied

A bright-enthusiastic smile curved across his young face as he reveals his other hand and flaunt the soccer ball he's holding, "Yay! uh, my name is Gabby and I'm an avid fan of yours!"

I crouched down and spoke, "Oh? is that right?"

"Yes! I've always watched your game on TV and on youtube and I'm not getting tired of watching it over and over again! and I was like, 'Oh! Ahren is so amazing! I wanna play soccer like him! I wanna be popular like him!'."

I smiled and shuffled his hair, "I'm happy to hear that Gab, just keep pursuing your dreams, and most importantly. . believe in yourself"

My own sentence seems to slap me real hard. 'How could someone who have lost his hope and faith to oneself and tell a boy to believe in himself?' how ironic!

"Thanks, I will! Anyway, Can you sign this ball for me? this is my favorite ball and I really want to see your signature on it. pleaseee. ."

"Sure! hold on a sec" I then rummage through my bag and took my marker. Good thing I always brought it with me for no reason. "Give me your ball"

"Hooray! Thank you so much Mr. Ahren! Oh God I'm so happy right now!" He exclaimed

After I signed the ball, I stood up and Smiled at him, "You're very much welcome Gab. By the way I have to go, bye!"

I only had a few steps away when Gabby shouted again,

"Everything will be Alright Mr. Ahren!"

                                 •••

General Luna Siargao, (10:06 pm)