1st

THIS BOOK IS NOT COMPLETED AS IT WILL BE PUBLISHED IN OCTOBER 2016. FOR PUBLISHING PURPOSES, I WAS REQUIRED TO REMOVE SOME PARTS OF THE BOOK. ALL DETAILS ON THE PUBLICATION ARE ON THE  'SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT' CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK. THANK YOU!

All rights reserved. No part of this work may be used or reproduced in any manner without permission of the author. This book is a work of fiction -- names, characters, places and incidents are either products of author's imagination or used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental. No part of this publication can be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the author. 

* * *

Fall 2011,

"Can we buy some chocolates?"

"No," I stated, crouching down to look at my ten year old sister. "You ate the whole candy floss for  yourself. No more candies for today." 

"Please.." Sophie pouted.

My little sister looked like any ten-year old girls would look like; she had dark brown hair, and blue eyes like my dad, and she was the kind of person who people really couldn't help falling in love with. 

She just kept looking at me with her pair of infamous puppy eyes that everyone would eventually fall for. 

Everyone but me. "No, Sophie. You can't." I told her once again. 

She grumbled, crossing her arms to her chest. "Whatever. Aaron will buy me some when he gets here," she said, looking away from me.

"If he ever gets here." I sighed, rolling my eyes. It'd been two hours of waiting, and there was still no sign of my ungrateful brother. It was bad enough I never had a cell phone, nor could I remember his phone number.

He didn't forget about us, did he?

So here I was, standing with my sister at the airport with our luggage, and I was wearing one of those lost person expressions.

I looked around, chewing my nails nervously. My feet were shifting uneasily. I really didn't know what  would do if he forgot to pick us today. 

The day was beautiful — the sun was shining brightly, typical Florida weather, and the sky streaked with red, pink and gold. At least the weather cheered me up a bit, even though it was warm compared to Lenoir. 

Growing up in a small village, where there were days when you couldn't just see the sun, Florida was a huge change for me. 

I circled around like an idiot, hoping my brother would show up anytime soon. Should I tell somebody about this? What if Aaron never showed up? What was I supposed to do? It was not like I've been here before  — heck, I've never actually been twenty miles away from Lenoir. 

"Ellie! Sophie!"

I heard a familiar voice from behind, so I turned around, and sighed in relief the moment I saw him . A tall, well-built guy, wearing a light blue T-shirt, and a pair of green, army shorts was standing a few feet away from me. 

He's got the same hair shade as ours; dark brown, only it was much shorter than mine. He was smiling brightly, and he looked like he was going to explode anytime soon. 

"Aaron!" Sophie squealed, and she immediately ran towards the guy whom I'd recognized as my brother. Aaron crouched down, and pulled my little sister into a big, hearty hug. 

"Hey, little sissy," Aaron said, ruffling her hair. "Did you miss me?"

"Of course I missed you!" Sophie chattered, and Aaron grinned at her. He got up to his feet again, and his eyes met mine.