Chapter 30: Queen Aurora

"Logan is dead" the words keep repeating in my head

"Logan is dead" the words keep repeating in my head. "How?" I finally speak and it comes out as a whisper. "The venom was much in his body" Rekal answers, the last thing I did to him was slap him and tell at him, "Oh my God" I run my hand through my head, "Can I see him?" I ask Rekal he shakes his head, "They won't let you, besides part of his body is burnt" I nod and stand outside Xanthus' hospital room.

"He is in a coma," Dorin says and I nod without saying a thing. "You know he would be mad if he realizes you never rested after the rogue war" I ignore. "Aurora," Dorin says sternly, "Leave me Dorin" I sigh tiredly. "You don't want Xanthus to feel your pain right?" I give him my attention "Let's go, but I'm coming here first thing in the morning." He nods.

I take a shower and put on Xanthus' shirt, the first time I'm doing it which feels weird but I let get used to it since it makes me closer to him.

I wake up to the door being banged, I throw the covers off me and open the door to see a tall bulky man, he bows slightly"Good morning your highness" highness? I'm pretty sure I look nothing like a highness. I'm wearing Xanthus' t-shirt my hair is messy and I'm sure I have a dried-up drool by the side of my mouth "Uh...good morning?" And there's morning breath. "Come in" I finally speak, he smiles "Let me get changed" I don't wait for his reply before I leave.

After taking a shower and dressing up in sweatpants I come downstairs to see the man sitting in the same spot I left him "Do you want anything to drink?" He shakes his head, I take a seat. "Since Lord Asmodeus is...ill, you are the only one left as a ruler for us," he says and I cringe as I remember Xanthus still lays on a bed, I'll visit him again today. "And the town was burned during the attack, we don't have a place to stay. We need time to build our homes back" the man sighs.

"How about we call a meeting, so we could discuss this" he nods and stands up "I'll inform you when we're ready" he leaves. I walk toward the room of Xanthus and stay outside, the doctor hasn't given us any information on him.

"Dorin" I call him, he smiles at me "Hey, the doctor says he's asleep" great he's in a coma, Logan is Dead. The love of my life is in a coma just fantastic! "Don't cry" he hugs me and I bury my face in his neck. "I'll see you later Dorin," I say and walk away from him after wiping my tears. I forgot to visit Korina last night, I really need to discuss it with her but her home was also burnt.

I enter the castle and see her staring blankly at the walls, I sit quietly beside her. "Hey" I whisper she blinks and nod in acknowledgment. "Hoaric--"

"I know, I also know that bitch killed my baby and I also know Hoaric is her mate. I hate my life, I guess it's a good thing anyway." She finishes with a small smile "but I'm tired of the pity gazes I'm receiving, you know Hoaric used to hit me but I never said a thing because he apologizes and blames it on his beast and I'd foolishly forgive him. Xanthus never agreed on our Union but I forced it on him now I'm facing the consequences of not listening to my brother" tears rolling down her face. She shuts her eyes tightly to stop the tears.

"Korina--"

"One hundred years. We were together for a century and he betrayed me in a minute" she let's out a forced laugh. I rub her shoulders "I need to be alone Aurora, I really don't feel like listening to anyone right now." I leave her with a sigh. Wish I could do something to help.

"Your highness" the same man bows he opens his mouth but I interrupt him "please call me Aurora" your highness makes me cringe, "Alright, we're ready" I follow him and enter into the room where I see four men sitting with a serious expression on their faces it reminds me of when I'm invited into the principal's office in school.

"This is Lord Asmodeus'mate Aurora" the man introduces, the nod and I take a seat "The town's market is ruined" a man starts another man glares at him. "The rogue attack burnt the market down and there is no food supply the farm is empty" he continues ignoring the other man.

"The Orphanage was also burnt, we have no where for the kids to stay"

"No houses" I sigh as they all stop and wait for my reply. "We should wait for the crops to grow in the meantime we'll get food from Earth. I'm guessing Dapphion's crops grow faster so it shouldn't take time so you could clean everywhere" the man nods. "My team we'll get foods from Earth. Thank you!" He smiles happily.

"The castle is big enough for people to stay in the meantime. You have to build the houses on time and properly ." I say to the other man. "Hmm, building the houses would take at least a week." I nod. "Okay, I'll move people into the empty rooms" both men nod and leave the room.

"Since that's settled I'm leaving" I wave to the man.

The rest of the week goes by in a blur. The houses were built and people returned to their houses and food was returning back to Dapphion. But Xanthus isn't awake and I cry myself to sleep with his t-shirt.

I stand outside Xanthus' room "He isn't showing any improvement" I cry to Dorin, "I love him, I can't lose him, I love him" I've never admitted that out.

"You do?" I hear his voice and I face with shock written on my face. Nurses run to him.

"We have to check you're alright Lord Asmodeus" he shrugs them off without breaking eye contact with me "Do you really Love me Aurora?" He asks and I move to me worriedly when he staggers. "You need to lay down Xanthus," I say. "No, I'm not leaving till you give me an answer!"

"Of course I love you, idiot!" I hug him and cry softly, he finally lets them take him into his room to check him. "All you need is enough rest and you should be back to your usual self" the doctor chirps and leaves the room. There's an awkward silence In the room as I stare at the plain blue walls.

"Aurora-" Xanthus starts and tries to sit up. "You don't have to get up" I move closer to him and he nods. "I love you" he blurts out and I stare at him in shock before a blush covers my face, "You don't have to say it back because I said it," I tell him. "I'm not saying it because you said it, I'm saying it because it's what I feel for you. I love you, I really do" and then I kiss him, he kisses me back his tongue licks my lower lip and I open my mouth slowly.

"So what did I miss?" He asks, "Hmm,  is dead" I whisper sadly. "Funeral?" I shake my head, "They couldn't do it because you were still you know"

"Oh and Hoaric and Lilith are mates," I say, he looks shocked before his expression turns to anger "And my sister?"

"I've not seen her in a while, she said she needed space" he nods.

Xanthus was released three days later from the hospital, we had Logan's funeral after he was released it's been a month and everything is going smoothly currently I'm getting ready for my Coronation as queen.

Xanthus and I had completed the mates bond, last week. My hair is in tight buns and I'm wearing a baby pink dress that shoes my the mark on my neck properly without shoes a light make up on my face with little earrings and the Amulet Xanthus gave me. I wait for Xanthus to call me out.

"My mate Aurora" and I come out to see the whole town of Dapphion staring at me, "This Aurora, my mate! And your queen!" Xanthus says.

"Queen Aurora," they all say and I give a shy smile.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

That's it for this chapter!

Thanks for reading and I love all your comments.

Don't miss the next chapter another secret shall come out!❤️

Don't forget to vote and share.