2: Her Overture

Wendy just came from her practice for a musical production, where she is a part of the ensemble, when she saw Joohyun with a man

Wendy just came from her practice for a musical production, where she is a part of the ensemble, when she saw Joohyun with a man. She's always been the social butterfly in their group. During the whole drive, she exchanges stories with Junmyeon, who is also a fan of Broadway musicals, while Joohyun will just nod or give a one-word answer. Wendy understands her, ever since Jooohyun's failed engagement, the barkada Ate became more and more aloof from them.

Well, a lot of things were changed in their barkada since their graduation. A couple of breakups, change of plans, and letting go of dreams. The world isn't as seem they thought when they were in college. Behind her smile is a flickering fire inside her. Doubts on herself filled her find. What if she is not made for her Broadway? Just like what she dreamed of. Gone are the days when she always gets the lead roles. All she gets after college is part of enssemble, not even an understudy. Maybe she is only good for college production. Maybe that's all she is ever gonna be. She leaned her head aganst the window while staring at the lights coming from the building. Oh how she wishes to have that light once again.

Once they reach the restaurant for their barkada dinner, her eyes wander among her friends. Just as she thought, he didn't come again. The boys lined up to introduce themselves to Junmyeon.

"Oh initiation na." Yixing said as he raises his sleeves to flex his hard earned muscles. This gym instructor/owner is one of the most angry among their friends when they learned that the guy ditch their Ate Joohyun.

"Kaya mo ba buhayin si Ate Joohyun?" Baekhyun asked the doctor, arms crossed on his chest.

"Subukan mo lokohin si Ate. Makikita mo kami sa lahat ng exit ng SLEX, NLEX, TPLEX, SCTEX, at Sky way." Chanyeol warned him. Behind this 6-footer man are Sehun and Jongin who all stand tall.

"Ano kayo? Guard sa mga expressway?" Sooyoung rolls her eyes while laughing at her boyfriend and her friends. Yeri and Seulgi shakes their head because of the theatrics of these boys.

Joohyun's face is crimson red with their crazy antics. Gusto niyang hilahin palabas si Junmyeon at umuwi na lang sila. Hiyang hiya siya sa kalokohan ng mga 'to.

"Pwedeng umupo muna?" Wendy asked them. Joohyun mouthed a thank you to her. The whole gang settled down at the circle table but the boys is not yet done with their theatrics. The smug on their face stayed.

"To answer your questions, I am Junmyeon Kim." He said with his effortless charm. "I am a doctor, I think kaya ko naman siyang buhayin in case of life and death situation."

Joohyun laughed at his humor while Junmyeon looks her with a smile. The whole gang just pfft at his joke. They have their own buble.

"In all fairness, bagay sila." Seulgi whispered.

"Parehas sila ng humor." Sooyoung added. "Sila lang natatawa sa jokes nila."

"Wala akong balak saktan si Joohyun ." Junmyeon said in a serious voice, he assures them for no reason. Joohyun looks at him once again. "I treat people. I don't hurt them kaya hindi niyo kailangan mag bantay sa lahat ng exit ng expressway."