Chapter One

Before I get into this story. This story is taking place in present time. I know that they are from 1993 but I wanted it to be different. If you have a problem with this, please don't read it. But anyways, enjoy!
___________

Janet Jackson

"So I'm going to be alone forever because I have standards?" I asked as I took a chip.

"It's not because you have standards. They are just too high." Amaru shrugged.

"Too high? So standards have limits?"

"They just have to be reasonable. You can't want a man just like Jesus." He laughed.

"I'm not wanting a man like that?" I laughed.

"Well that's how you put it." he shrugged.

Amaru is my best friend. We grew up together, he's like a cute brother.

"So what are your standards?" I asked as I flipped through Netflix.

"We not talking about me. We talking about you." he shook his head.

"Why we always gotta talk about me? Why can't we talk about you?" I asked.

"Cause I'm not the one having problems with men." he laughed.

"Fuck you." I laughed.

"I'm sorry. You wanna read me some of that poem shit you be reading?" He sighed laying his head on my lap.

"Alright." I sighed as I played with his hair.

" The beauty of a woman
isn't in the clothes she wears,
The figure that she carries,
or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman
must be seen from in her eyes;
Because that's the doorway to her heart,
the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman
isn't in a facial mole;
But true beauty in a woman,
is reflected by her soul.

It's the caring that she cares to give,
the passion that she shows;
And the beauty of a woman
with passing years only grows." I recited.

*****************

Amaru Shakur

"Damn." I mumbled.

"I read that one because you always looking at a woman's appearance instead of her personality. It always ends in her being a one nighter." she said.

I nodded letting her know I understood.

"Eww. Look at your nails. They are so dirty." she said grabbing my hand.

I laughed. I love when she reads me poems. It was sexy to me. Everything about her was sexy. Especially her intelligence. She always kept it real with me. I love the little things she does. Like they way she plays with my hair and they way she cleans my nails.

"Why you staring?" She smiled.

"My bad mama." I laughed.

"You ever think about settling down?" She asked as she cleaned my nails.

"Yea. I'm tired of being with all of these hoes. You ever think about it?" I asked licking my lips.

"Yea. I just want a man who's not just trying to get in my pants and who's mature." She shrugged.

"Understandable. You ever think of someone you wanted to spend the rest of life with?" I asked.

"No not really."

"Well I have."

"And who is that?" She asked looking down at me.

"You."

**********
SCENE!

I hope y'all liked it.