chapter 4

•Yukine POV•

We all got dressed in our hero costumes and headed over to Ground Beta for All Might's teaching. This broccoli haired boy names Midoriya looked a little nervous? Or excited? I can't tell but personally I'm not that excited I don't like him that much.

"Hey Yuki? How come you look so, so emotionless? Are you not excited to see All Might?" This spiky haired boy named Kirishima asked.

Not really, not a huge fan. I wrote and then showed him.

"Oh... why?" He asked.

Not good.

"Um, alright" he then headed to walk with Bakugou and some other kids.

As soon as we entered we heard a loud "I AM HERE!" and saw All Might. I sighed and waiting for class to begin, wanting to get this day over with since I had work.

-time skip to after school-

I started to walk home when I felt someone following me. I looked back and saw no one there so I grasped my staff on my neck, and started to walk a bit faster. I saw my cafe in the distance and quickly ran in. Everyone turned around and started staring at me, I mumbled a soft 'sorry' and headed into the changing rooms to change into work clothes.

Later the clock hit 11 and I was able to close and leave for the night. Luckily I didn't really have to deal with any mean customers. I clocked out and started to head out the door, but then remembered what had happened earlier. I grasped my staff and walked as quickly as I could to my apartment and locking the door behind me. I slid down the door of my apartment pulling at my hair. Gosh how are you going to be a hero if you get scared by yourself at night? I sighed and got ready for bed.

The next day I was woken up by an unknown number with a small message that said "Happy Birthday". I completely forgot it was my birthday! Ever since Touya disappeared I just haven't celebrated it. I hope no one knows at school, not that anyone would. I fed my cats and got ready for school. As I was leaving my apartment I felt that strange presence again. I sighed to myself, maybe I'm just overthinking. I sped up a bit and headed to UA. Walking into 1-A I realized I had gotten hear a bit early so I walked to my desk, plugged in my earbuds, and laid my head down facing the window. Slowly I started to fall asleep..

(Dream)

It was my 6th birthday and my parents had managed to take off work. Along with Kazu-nii we went to the zoo and saw super cute animals!

"Look look Kazu! There's there's panda! And a tiger!!"

"Haha I see them Yu! Are you having a good day?" My older brother asked.

"Of course! I is having the best day everrrrr!!" I yelled then ran up to him and hugged him. He spun me around while my parents watched with smiles on there face.

Then they start to disappear. And are replaced by their bloodied bodies.

"Mama? Papa? K-kazu-nii? W-wake up! No no no STOP!"

Suddenly a tall man grabs me and starts to rip my clothes off, I'm screaming and crying for help but nothing comes.

Please help me. Please. Touya? Someone.

"YUKI! YUKINE!! SAKURA!"

(Dream over)

I burst up from my chair with worried glances from my classmates.

"Um, Yuki you alright? You were like screaming and crying? And mumbled something about a Kazu? Who's that?" Uraraka said while trying to touch my shoulder, I quickly flinched away and got my notebook out.

Sorry. Bad dream. Kazu is, was, my older brother. I showed her and the rest of the class.

"Was? What do you mean was?" Someone else said, Momo I think?

Was. He is dead.

Soon their glances turned from worry to pity. Tch I don't need nor want their pity it wont help anything or change anything. Eraser then came in and we started our day, he said something about wanting to see me at the end of the day, I wonder what he wants?

-time skip to end of day-

I walked to the teacher's lounge and knocked on the door. I heard a "come in!" so I opened the door and made my way to Eraserhead.

You wanted to see me sir? Did I do something wrong? I wrote and showed him.

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. I just wanted to say that I am sorry." He answered solemnly.

Sorry? What for?

"5 years ago. I wasn't quick enough to save your family and for that I am sorry." He answered looking like he was on the brink of tears. "If i would've been quicker maybe I couldve saved them"

He remembers, I thought, he actually remembers! With my eyes watering and tears slowly coming down my face I wrote,

It's okay. Not your fault. Don't blame yourself. Thank you. I wrote shakily, my handwriting all messed up. I had started to sob louder now.

He quickly gets out of his chair and hugs me tightly. I just circle my hands around him and sob into his shoulder, feeling like a child again hugging her parents. When was the last time I was hugged? I thought. It's so warm. I hugged him tighter, sobbing into his shoulder while he just pet my hair and whispered "it's okay" and "you're alright now" into my ear.

•3rd Person POV•
In another part of the room, a certain blonde haired teacher was standing by watching the scene in front of him, Dadzawa, he thought. Smirking and quietly walked away.

-time skip after school and home-

•Yukine POV•

After the whole ordeal with Eraser, I felt a bit numb. I didn't really know what to feel. It's my birthday but it's just any other day to me. And no one in class knew either. Did you even want them to know? I asked myself. I don't know. I went back to thinking about the message I had received. Was it a wrong number? But that would be a weird coincidence. While I was walking into my apartment, I felt my phone buzz.

'Little one, don't cry, it's your birthday. Please be happy and smile, for me?' It read.

Little one? I thought. Wait, there's only one person that would call me that. No. It can't be.. right? I dialed the number and it answered almost immediately.

"Hey little one, my kitten, you shouldn't be crying hm? It's okay. Happy Birthday." A deep voiced answered. I didn't even realize I had been crying. I-I know that voice, it's, it's..

Speaking my first word in over 5 years, I answer.
"T-touya? Is-is that you?" I say very quietly.

"Hmm my little kitten, who else would it be? Shhh it's alright don't cry, I'm back okay? Im back."

I couldn't take it anymore and started bawling my eyes out. I couldn't believe it, he was back, I wasn't alone anymore, but what if he leaves again? I slid to the floor still sobbing and curled up in a ball, phone still on. Then I felt those warms arms circle around me just like they did all those years ago. Immediately knowing who it was I wrap my arms around his neck and sob into his shoulder.

"T-touya! Y-you left me! I was so sad! And alone! And lonely! You weft me!!" I said crying.

"I know my baby, I know. It's okay, I'm here and I'm never leaving you again. I promise. Now sleep little one, we'll talk when you wake up." He responded while rubbing my back.

Then I felt my eyes begun to droop, and I fell into a deep, deep, sleep. The last thing I see being those icy blue eyes starting down at me.