Chapter 31: Father Of The Year.

Everyone faced Bruce as his voice echoed all throughout the walls of the room. They were all in shock, including Damian who barely gets shocked.

"Damian, a word!" Bruce said gesturing to the door.

Damian whispered "I'll take care of this." To Raven before leaving her side. He and Bruce left the room leaving everyone shocked and jaws dropped.

"What. The. Hell?!" Damian asks with gritted teeth, "You cannot get married!" Bruce responded.

"Why not!" He asks angrily, "Because......she's a demon." He says.

"Half demon, father!" He replies, "What difference does it make?!" He asks.

"A huge difference, and if you didn't like Raven why are you only speaking up now?!"

"Because..."

"Because what?!"

Bruce realized that he can't lie forever, and he doesn't want to stand in the way of his son's love with his future wife.

"Listen......I don't want you to marry Raven because she's a demon. I don't want you to marry her because I don't like the change it will make." He admits looking down.

Damian's angry expression got replaced by a confused one.

"What?" Damian asks, wanting an explanation.

"Look, Damian......I never imagined myself having a son, an actual son. Then your mother brought you to Gotham. At first I saw you as a sidekick, but the more time you spent with me, the more I realized that YOU are my son. I just didn't know how to show you how much you mean to me. When we planned to go Apokolips, I didn't want to leave, because I was worried about you, and I know you can handle yourself, you've proven that. But I didn't want to leave because if it fails, you'll die. But I went anyways by forcing myself to know that you'll handle yourself. Then now you're getting married, we barely spent time together, because of missions and work. Then we finally spend time, after an invasion. We spent time working on the project today the Earth. But now you're getting married, so you're going to separate from me again."

Damian couldn't help but let a few tears fall from his eyes.

"Because of Apokolips, I realized that we only have a limit in our time on Earth, and I realized how little time I spent with you, and you're my son. I just liked when we worked together, we bonded more. So I know I sound sentimental-"

"No.....you don't." Damian replies softly, his anger dialed down already and was calm.

"I'm sorry son, I shouldn't have gotten in the way of your marriage, I mean..you're a man now and-"

He couldn't continue, not when he felt his son's arms wrap around him, he didn't hesitate to hug back. This barely happens, so makes the most out of it.

They hugged for a few minutes, like the hug they had in Apokolips.

Raven walked out of the room to check on the two but when she saw the two hugging she just smiled and slowly went back in, not disturbing them.

Raven went in and all faces were on her, waiting for an update.

"So.....how bad is it?" Barry asks worriedly, Raven, who still had a smile on her face said, "Its not that bad."

She walks to a chair then sits in it, everyone was still confused because, any fight with Bruce in it is a big one. So her saying "Its not that bad" scared the crap out of them.

"What do you mean 'Its not that bad?" Clark asks.

Raven shrugs, "Its nothing, they're just hugging?".

"Hugging?!" Everyone screams in unison, they all rush to the door, except Raven, not wanting to miss the father and son moment.

But once they opened the door, rhey saw Damian and Bruce, bat glares on and arms crossed on their chest, it was like the two were waiting for them.

Everyone put shy and scared faces then slowly went back in.

When everyone was in, including Damian and Bruce, everyone settled down.

While they ate dinner, Bruce raised a glass in the air then spoke. "To Damian......and Raven." Everyone raises their glass and and said once again, "To Damian and Raven!"

The two birds looked at each other then smiled.

This is gonna be one hell of a wedding.......

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter, this was fun to make. Only a few chapters left to go.

- CALIX.