26. Babies - Fluff Drabble

Bucky x Reader (Fluff!) No warnings :) Word Count: 609

You press a little kiss to Alpine's head, laughing as she stared back up to you lovingly. "Aw honey, do you miss your daddy?" You asked softly, rocking the cat back and forth like a baby. Alpine usually didn't like that many people, she would barely even tolerate them. But she was completely in love with you and only trusted you, Bucky, and Steve. It was sweet seeing her in her calm state, but other times she would go wild.

Bucky grinned hearing you in the other room as he walked in. "Hey," he paused, smiling and giving Alpine a quick pet, "Missed you, darling." You smiled back sweetly to him and placed Alpine down quickly.

"Hi babe," you whispered, while giving Bucky a hug. The two of you stayed in that position, rocking back and forth till you pulled your head back with a playful scrunch on your face. "You stink!" You laugh out, waving your hand over your nose for the exaggeration.

Bucky's eyebrows raised for a quick second before he smirked down to you, "Oh really?" He questioned playfully, and before you could respond, he picked you up. You shrieked in surprise and laughed as he twirled the two of you around. Alpine stood by watching the two of you, amused.

"Put me down or else I'll..." You trailed off as Bucky started to tickle you. Your laughter coming out much harder and you started to squirm in his arms. "Or else you'll what?" Bucky asked feigning innocence.

You gasped when his hands went straight to your biggest trickle spot. "Bucky!" You squealed, face going absolutely red from the laughter. Bucky's laughter joined in once Alpine started to jump at the two, leaning on one of Bucky's leg.

He stopped his tickling and set you down, letting you catch your breath as you sat back down on the couch. You grinned back to him, seeing him lean down and pick Alpine up. "You know, I really missed the both of you." He murmured, and you barely heard him, but you beamed back to him, "We missed you too."

"I need to tell you something." Bucky spoke up, seriousness dipped in his voice. You crunched your eyebrows together with a nod, signaling to Bucky to talk.

"I want...more." Bucky said, grinning back at you nervously. You sat there confused, tilting your head back to him, "What?"

Bucky sighed out tensely and set Alpine back down again. "Babies," He stuttered, and your eyes widened in immediate surprise. For a few moments, you don't say anything because you have no idea what to say. What were you supposed to say to your boyfriend when he suddenly springs the idea of having children together? The two of you had only been together for about two years, and you really weren't ready to settle down completely and have kids.

Meanwhile Bucky was replaying what he just said and with a large, "Oh!" He realized his mistake.

"Not babies babies, but cat babies! Kittens!" He yelped out, face turning red from what he said before. He had thought about kittens for weeks, and he really did want to have more cats with you. He definitely has thought about having real human babies with you, but it wasn't the time. And that was most certainly not the way to ask for human babies. That would be a conversation for another day.

You let out a big sigh of relief. "Bucky! I- yeah, let's have more kittens!" The idea of having more cats made you happy, especially since it would mean Alpine would have some buddies around.

Bucky grinned back at you, "Okay, baby."