14

I reach for my keys to open the door but dad opens it before I could pull them out. I snap at attention to the door while he opens it.

"Hey, come on sol it's cold outside." He says pulling me inside shutting the door behind me. I am going over the whole plan in my head no small talk and straight to the point.

But dad starts "Who was that?" He states mentioning to Alistair who drove away as soon as my dad closed the door.

He's making small talk if we continue we won't get to the point of this. I smile "an old friend I recently met again" .

"An old friend?" His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah, an old friend" I sigh not wanting to start up about Alistair. "Are we gonna talk about the elephant in the room?" I look over at him as he takes a seat on the recliner.

"Yeah, but I figured we'd work our way to it." He shakes his head. "Dad I'd rather just get to the point" I slump into a chair near the couch.

"Okay, well than. I am sorry Sol." He sighs "I am sorry I haven't been the parent you need. I realize that not only am I in pain, but you are also going through pain." He looks at me through glass eyes.

"Dad, I-I.." I stutter I want to leave I can't talk about this I just can't. But I get a text message.

Alistair :)
You got this . Breath,
you can do this and if not
there is always tomorrow. But
I know you can talk to him. <3

I smile and take a breath and then look back up at my dad.

"Dad.." I breath in and and than out "I know you miss her and I know you want her to come back. But, look I could've left too but no I am still here. Because family is forever together even through a rough time. Yes, I miss my best friend and sister but I am still here. Even though I know about all the bills" I state.

His eyes widen and he says "How ? I kept them away so you wouldn't see them." I sigh.

"Dad I also quit school and started worki-" he cut me off "Why did you!" He slumped down and put his head in his hands.

"Listen.." I said and he looked up at me. "I quit school once I found out about the bills which was a couple of day after Estrella left. Also, a couple of weeks ago I started a job.." I smiled and he furrowed his eyebrows together.

"I started a job as a babysitter.." I sighed "Dad she is my light. I was in a very dark place I was spiraling down. But that baby girl and her mother are the only reason I didn't give up.
I wanted to die I wanted to give up." He looks at me tears pouring down.

"But they helped me and I kept on going and I finally feel like my life is lighting up" I smile.

"Dad they got me a job and I start school again tomorrow. Dad they did so much for me.." I wipe the tears I didn't know were falling.

"Sol I am so sorry!" He sobbed in his hands. I walked over to him and put my hand on his back. "Dad, I know you lost a daughter but look I am still here. I was so mad and furious with you for only wanting Estrella because she's more like mom. But I am still here, forgiving you." He stands to wrap his arms around me and sobs on my shoulder.

Later that night

"Dinner is almost done." I say to my dad that is looking through the bills.

"Put the bills down and come eat Dad." I say walking towards him.

"But the bills. So much money." He breaths out sitting at the table.

"Wait a second." I run to my room and grab all the money I had earned doing the mini jobs.

As I walk down the stairs I can see him worrying about the bills "it's not much but it's all I have." I say setting down the bag of money.

"Sol no this is your money, you use it for college or school." I smile at him. "It's for the bills."

After dinner I washed up and headed to my room. Today was a good day. I might still be poor but my life was taking a turn.

——————
Sorry it's been awhile I hope you liked this chapter.

Only a couple chapters left.

Vote and comment!? Please!