Given by Nandi Taylor [Paperback Edition]

The paperback edition of Given by Nandi Taylor — AKA @nandi_taylor— will be available on January 5, 2021. Order your copy from Wattpad Books today!

Bound by fate. Divided by duty.

As a princess of the Moonrise Isles and one of its fiercest warriors, Yenni has always put duty before her own desires. When her father falls gravely ill, she knows she must find the cure and sets out on an arduous journey that takes her to a magical academy in the far reaches of the Empire of Cresh.

There is no room for failure, but Yenni struggles to learn the strange magic of Cresh as a cure continues to evade her. And complicating matters is Weysh, a dragon shifter who says Yenni is his Given—his one true partner ordained by destiny. As a dragon, Weysh is an ally, both in matters of magic and friendship. As a man, he is a beautiful and infuriating distraction.

With her father's life hanging in the balance and her feelings for Weysh deepening, Yenni realizes her greatest challenge has just begun—save her people, while also following her heart.

Breakout author Nandi Taylor brings to life an Afro-Caribbean-inspired fantasy that blends vast world-building with a swoon-worthy romance in this epic debut.

What reviewers have to say:

"Absorbing" —School Library Journal

"Taylor eloquently marries Caribbean folklore, magical boarding-school tales, and whimsical interspecies romance." —Booklist, Starred Review

About Nandi Taylor:

Nandi Taylor is a Canadian writer of Caribbean descent based in Toronto. She's a two-time Watty award winner, and her Wattpad story Given has garnered over one million reads and earned the 2018 Worldbuilders Watty award. Nandi grew up devouring sci-fi and fantasy novels, and from a young age wrote books of her own. Her books are an expression of what she always wanted more of growing up - diverse protagonists in speculative settings. Common themes she writes about are growth, courage, and finding one''s place in the world.