The Famoux by Kassandra Tate

The Famoux by Kassandra Tate — AKA @famouxx — will be available on January 19, 2021. Order your copy from Wattpad Books today!

They're all dying to be Famoux...

Out of the wreckage of environmental collapse, the country of Delicatum emerged. Its most popular celebrities are the Famoux, uniquely beautiful stars of a reality TV show called the Fishbowl. In a world still recovering from catastrophe, they provide a 24/7 distraction.

Sixteen-year-old Emilee Laurence is obsessed with the Famoux—they provide a refuge from her troubled home life and the bullies at school. When she receives an unimaginable offer to become a member herself, she takes it. Leaving behind everything she's ever known, Emilee enters a world of high glamour and even higher stakes.

Because behind their perfect image lies an ugly truth—an anonymous stalker has been dictating the Famoux's every move, and being popular really is a matter of life or death.

What reviewers have to say:

Goodreads user Sophia wrote "Kassandra is a novelist of distinction. She knows her words and how to use them to make her readers feel so many feelings and have a love/hate bond with the characters. She is an excellent writer for being her age so don't let her age fool you. She is wise beyond years."

Goodreads user Tallulah wrote: "I absolutely loved this book, I think it's characters are well rounded and relatable."

About Kassandra Tate:

Kassandra Tate has been writing stories for as long as she can remember. Her work on Wattpad has accumulated over five million reads and a Watty Award for Science Fiction. She was featured in the anthology Imagines: Celebrity Encounters Starring You (Simon and Schuster), and worked alongside Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jonny Sun as curator for their New York Times Bestselling novel Gmorning, Gnight! (Penguin Random House). She graduated from Chapman University in 2020 with a BFA in screenwriting and currently lives in Los Angeles with her sisters and––most importantly––her cats, Purrsephone and [Good] Will Hunting. The Famoux is her debut novel.