4|(6)431275

Five days after Sans' heart broke, he attended a friends' birthday party. Although, it was hard to tell how old the birthday boy was turning, as he was a ghost. Not to say that all undead know each other, but Sans and his chum just happened to.

     Steve Irwin had just packed his things and moved from Roll City to GilmTown, much like many of the necrotics that Astley had offended. He was excited to meet all the different species in his new home. What better way to do that then to throw a birthday party at the banquet hall and invite everyone in the tunnels?

     Dressed in a powder blue suit, with his signature hoodie on underneath, Sans greeted his old friend. He had just walked to the refreshments table when a fight erupted. A ghost, Ben Hargreeves, had shoved someone into a stack of chairs. Many people began jumping into the fray, including a giant hairy man and a twink named Nicko. 

     When all was said and done, Irwin pulled the initial offender out of the rubble. "Hey mate, you good?" Setting the man down, Steve walked off to ask the same question to everyone else, including Hargreeves. Sans then realized that the shover hadn't been at fault; he was simply angry to the point of physical violence. Because the one who had provoked him, whom Sans was seeing for the first time as more than just a head or some pixels, was Benginald Shapiro.

     He figured it wasn't his problem. After all, this man meant nothing to him. But as he turned to walk away, a tiny, teal, deformed person with an orange beak crashed into him. Sans staggered back, into the arms of his enemy.

     "Hypothetically-"

     "Oh, shut up." Sans took a step back and stared Shapiro in the face. "You have no business talking to me, idiot."

     To his surprise, Shapiro apologized. "I... I'm just jealous. Hypothetically. Other people are such good speakers, and the undead are so strong..."

     "No need to get sappy or anything; I get it."

     "So," Shapiro said, the ghost of a smile on his face, "you want some punch?"

     Sans took Shapiro up on this offer, but after his cup was empty, he said hello to a few more people, then went home. The day had been alright, but he wasn't looking to become friends with Ben. Even the other Ben at the party had seemed like a better friend. Shapiro's personality was all over the place, and he was annoying, and....

     The skeleton was puzzled. He had many reasons not to like everyone else. Why could he only think of halfhearted excuses now? Maybe he did want to become friends, after all. Strange.

     Heading upstairs to his room, Shapiro ignored his wife and sat on the bed. He didn't know what had possessed him to drop his façade, but whatever it was couldn't be good. Although, he did feel a bit more free. 

     The truth was, Ben was excited for the next event on the GilmTown calendar. The annual Chungus Birthday Meet People Mixer. He was sure that he would face the lazy skeleton once more. It was only twenty days away. Shapiro jumped off of the bed and began to prepare.

     Meanwhile, in the mostly abandoned Roll City, Daniel Kratt plotted to murder his brother.