Chapter 4- What did we do? (EDITED)

Lola and Monique thought their eyes were playing tricks on them as they stood in front of the stairs leading to an airplane. Both were in disbelief. They blinked—repeatedly, thinking if they did, something else would magically appear—like their bedroom. And they pinched each other—ensuring they weren't in some wild drunken dream.

Ryder walked up to them, resting his hands on them as he stood between the surprised women, asking, "Are you two going to stand and stare at what's in front of you, or are you going to start heading into that plane?"

Lola, surprised, pointed, asking, "Do you own this jet?"

Monique laughed at Lola, asking, "What are you pointing at?" She lowered Lola's hand, having her point at the plane instead of the sky. "Do you mean that instead of the air above it?"

Feeling stupid, Lola groaned, "Hush. He knew what I meant."

Ryder laughed, ignored Lola's question, and lowered his head to their level. "If you two would rather end our night of fun, let me know now. Otherwise, start working your way up the stairs and into that plane."

Monique grabbed Lola's hand, pulling her as she headed up the stairs. Ryder followed behind, and when they entered the jet, he looked at Lola waving his arms while smiling the famous boyish smile he knew moistened women's panties, saying, "Sit at any window seat your heart desires."

While Lola and Monique picked where they wanted to sit, Ryder headed to the cockpit to talk with the pilot.

Lola was beginning to have second thoughts about what she and Monique were about to do with the man she never wanted to see again—flying to who knows where so that she could sit beside the window. And she couldn't stop wondering if Ryder had a hidden agenda about why he offered to fly them anywhere in the world on the spur of the moment.

She was astonished by it all. Lola went from despising Ryder to somewhat liking him to drinking, dancing, doing things she never would have done—like doing a body shot on her best friend and allowing her friend to do it to her, partying, and having fun with him, to feeling overwhelmed—dumbfounded she's leaving Miami to fly who knows where with the filthy-mouthed man she knows nothing about.

Monique whispered, "Where do you think he's bringing us? We never told him where we wanted to go."

Lola shrugged, eyeing Ryder as he stood in the cockpit doorway, talking to the pilots. "I have no fricken idea."

"You don't think he's planning on kidnapping us, or worse—kidnap, then kill us, taking our lifeless bodies somewhere nobody will ever think of looking. Do you?"

She shook her head, looked at her surroundings, and then her eyes returned to Ryder, quietly saying, "I doubt it. It's obvious the man has money. Look at his clothes, the money he threw around at the nightclub, the vehicle that drove us here, and now this. Someone like him wouldn't do such a thing. At least, I hope he wouldn't. But he seems important—like he has a reputation to uphold, so I don't think we should worry about him doing anything that would hurt us."

Monique hummed, contemplating what to think. Usually, she's all about adventures and trying new things and is never afraid to be wild and spontaneous, but she felt what she was doing now was over the top—flying somewhere, in someone's private jet, with a man she had just met.

"I know we're drunk and not making the best decisions right now, but I'm nervous. We don't know this guy, and now I feel he got us drunk on purpose. Why else would he have a bottle of tequila waiting for us at the table? Why was he persistent in getting you to talk to him, drink with him, party with him, and now fly with him?"

Lola shrugged. "He said it was a peace offering. So, I'll take his word for it. Is your phone charged?"

"Yeah. Why?"