Chapter 1

Owen Blackbourne was thoroughly frustrated. When his brother and teammate, North, had to ditch his motorcycle to take down a target, fate had decided to put that bike right in a no-parking zone. The target was difficult, and Mr. Taylor Jr. was not able to remove the vehicle before non-academy police found it.

Now he was here at the courthouse to try and get this resolved. Walking down the hall to the academy judge's office, Owen's gaze was met with scruffy looking people and ill-fitting suits. Passing a courtroom, he paused as a strong, angelic voice rang out.

"My client is innocent."

The authority in her voice made his pants suddenly uncomfortable, and his eyes widened a fraction. A mere voice was shaking the unshakable Mr. Blackbourne. Shaking his head, he continues to his destination. Maybe hours were in order after all.

-----------------------------------------------

Finished with business, Owen shut the large door behind him firmly. Once again walking past unsavory individuals, he was craving his nice, clean home. It was far better than a questionable place like this. Speed walking now, he could see the exit. Ten feet. Five feet. Two fe-

Crash!

He smacked into something that he realized was a person as they made a surprised squeaking noise. He re-positioned his glasses and looked down to see a blonde head bent over spilled papers. He squatted down, and started to help, seeing as it was probably his fault. He wasn't as aware of his surroundings in his hurried escape. Reaching for a paper, his own hand was covered with a small, feminine one, before the owner snatched it back.

"Um. I-sorry."

The words were timid, and if he weren't only a foot away, he might not have heard her. The voice, although meek, set his body on fire. There was no doubt about it. This was the woman from the courtroom earlier. Slowly he raises his head and is met with big, expressive green eyes on a heart shaped face. A small nose and lips, her face was perfectly proportioned. Even the splash of freckles across her cheeks enhanced her beauty. She was perfect. 

Chapter by BananaMuffin99. I should be updating soon! Thanks for the love! ~SF