At First Sight

Sasuke's POV

Ever get that feeling? That something good would happen?

Yeah? Well I did.

I didn't know what to do about it though, I just shrugged it off.

I didn't believe in love.

Not really.

And don't even get me started on Romeo and Juliet... I mean, what's with the love at first sight?

And how does time freeze when you see your true love for the first time?

I was stupid.

Naive.

Until it actually happened.

I was at the park, my friends surrounded me, Neji was talking to Tenten, she was giggling at times and Neji obviously liked her but was too headstrong to say anything.

Choji and Ino were bonding, for what I could see, they were talking about random things, I don't even know what.

Lee was hitting on Sakura, she showed a irritated expression but soon warmed up to him, and boy did Lee feel overjoyed by that development.

Shikamaru's head was on Temari's lap, and she was stroking his head soothingly, while looking down at him, they were already dating, and Shikamaru was sound asleep, or near to it anyway.

Gaara and Kankuro were talking like the brothers they are, Kankuro was showing irritated expression about how he was the only one who actually cared that he was still single and male.

Not that I haven't gone out with anybody before, a few girls, a few boys, I don't mind, it never came close to love though. Never. I didn't really even like them, I just needed something to pass the time.

Yeah I'm mean, but oh well.

I rolled my eyes, most of my friends were so love struck, it wasn't even possible.

"Oi Sasuke, can you get us some drinks at the shop over there? Here's the money." Ino asked me, handing me some cash, everyone looked at me expectantly, damn, I was outnumbered.

"Not like I can say no..." I muttered and stood.

They carried on taking with their respectable partners as I walked away, people and children were playing catch, laughing loudly, I couldn't really even here myself think.

A flash of yellow swarmed my vision, I blinked and looked around, what was that?

I shook my head and walked towards the store, seeing insects like butterflies and bees in the air.

Then the yellow flashed again. I sighed aggravated and stared around me.

My sight was on the store.

I felt everything freeze.

Time itself had frozen for me.

Everything around me had stopped, the balls were in the air, the people were frozen in time, I walked forward, swerving around the various frozen people.

I was sure it was a fake and old saying.

You know?

That saying.

That time can freeze when... You get the message.

Blond hair and blue eyes.

That's what he had.

A smile frozen on his face, his blue eyes blazing with happiness, sweat mid-drip coming off him, his hand in his hair, the blond locks messy and untameable. A wild look to him, but it warmed my chest.

I reached out my hand, begging to touch the boy.

I could hear nothing, it was frozen after all.

I reached out my hand and wanted to touch his tan and whiskered cheeks.

The whiskers give him more of a wild look, like a fox.

I wanted to touch him.

I wanted to at least feel his cheek.

For at least a second.

But everything resumed again.

People started playing again, music on the stereo's blasted again, laughs and cries filled the air, when I looked again, he was gone.

I cursed, what was this feeling? This strange feeling...

Uchiha's don't feel this way...

I guess it's true though, when people say that 'when you look at your true love, time itself freezes.'

I looked around frantically, trying to see his face again, I sighed, purchasing the drinks and walking back, his face was embedded in my mind.

I couldn't rid my head of it, his blond hair, his ocean blue eyes, the tan and whispered cheeks that I begged to touch mentally, he was like an angel.

I dropped the drinks at Ino's feet and they all looked at my face worriedly.

"Sasuke? You okay?" Sakura asked me.

I shook my head, still turning my head and trying to look for the blond angel.

Shikamaru leaned up from Temari's lap, "Seriously dude, what's wrong? You look out of it, troublesome..."

I covered my face with my hands, and wiped the sweat off my face.

I let my hands drop, and I looked at them mutely, my eyes dazed, "Guys, I think I'm in love."