Teba

The anger does burn bright

For he whom this details

Another beast to kill in flight

Ask not who will prevail

But Warrior, know your true battle

Comes with one by pain unraveled

Morning came warm and breezy in Rito Village, sunlight streaming weakly through the cloth covering almost the entire roost. It coaxed him slowly back into awareness in a gradual way, the warmth creeping over him until he stirred in the hammock, blinking up at the ceiling blearily, some piece of him still lingering in the connection to Revali. They were closer now than they had ever been before. He could feel Revali in a way that he could not back on the Plateau or elsewhere. He was so close, and yet...

He sighed, rubbing at his eyes and rolling out of the hammock in a bit of a sloppy motion, his feet hitting the ground harder than was really necessary. The sun through the coverings was casting the room in a yellowish glow, the cloth flapping noisily against the posts as the wind blew around. Still, through the din he could hear the sounds of the village rising around him, people going up and down the many steps and going about their business.

It was time to get moving, he supposed. After all, if he worked fast enough, hopefully, he could reach Medoh within the next day. And he did not want to leave Revali for any longer than necessary.

Without further pondering, he gathered up the few things he hadn't stored in the Slate, fixed his tunic, and pulled on his boots. He stomped a few times, trying to force out the bumps in his boots as he left the roost, wincing at the bright sunlight as he closed the covering behind him.

"Ah, Link!"

He glanced over as the elder puttered down the few steps toward him. The old Rito leaned heavily on a carved wooden stick but didn't seem too bothered by being up and about, if his bright smile was anything to go by. Link waved at him.

"Up bright and early as ever," the elder chuckled, looking up at the clear sky for a moment. "Hylia has blessed us with fine weather today. I do believe that is as good a sign as any."

Link nodded. "It's beautiful."

"I won't keep you young one. I know how restless you get. Though I do suggest you speak with Saki before you run off wherever it is you plan to go. She will know where her wayward husband has secluded himself."

"It looked like he was headed for the Flight Range."

"Yes, you are likely correct." He smiled again. "Though in my experience, it is still best to check with the spouse on these sorts of things. Even more the case with young Saki. She has a sixth sense about these things."

Link snorted but nodded his agreement. "I'll talk to her."

Kaneli beamed at him and patted his head with one big feathered hand. "Good lad. Now. I must see to some sort of meaningful breakfast. Best of luck with Teba. You may need it."

With one last cheeky grin, he made his way past Link, who watched him go with a slightly confused expression. When he disappeared around the corner Link shrugged and moved on, his eyes set on the roost he had passed yesterday.

The Village was still quiet, the sun low enough that there was some chance a few people could still be asleep. Those few roosts on the other side of the Village likely had more shade than Revali's, with the rock guarding them from the increasingly fierce sunlight. There weren't many people walking the stairs, at the very least, though they could have been sequestered in their own roosts.