Chapter 19

Aubrey POV

I woke up in Alessandro's arms just like I did everyday for the past 3 weeks. It was like we were on a honeymoon. Alessandro and I couldn't get enough of each other.

I heard my phone ringing on the bed stand. I slowly moved away to not wake Alessandro up and walked I to the bathroom.

It was Sandy. "Girl tell me it's true!" She said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I had no idea what she was talking about.

"Are you guys really dating?" She asked.

"What? How did you...."

"I just sent you the link" she said. I checked my phone. We haven't really told anyone about us becoming official. We weren't hiding it. We just wanted it to be just the two of us for as long as we could.

I opened the link Sandy sent me. There were picture of Alessandro and I. We were holding hands in one of them. There was a picture of us kissing at a restaurant. There was a bunch of other pictures of us walking side by side. There were different captions everywhere. "American steals Italian Billionaire. Billionaire dating a basic American doctor. Is he really dating this plain women?"

"It's true Sandy. I wanted to tell you personally. Not like this"

"Girl I don't care. All I care about is you? Are you happy" she asked.

"I am Sandy. I really am." I said.

"Then I'm happy" she said.

"Thanks Sandy. Now tell me what am I going to do. A lot of the headlines are right. I'm to plain for him." I sighed.

"Girl it doesn't matter. All that matter is what he thinks. I saw the way he looked at you. Just be careful Aubrey. I don't want you getting hurt." She said.

"I know Sandy. Thanks." I said.

"I have to go but I'll call you later. Love you Aubrey." She said.

"Love you more" I said.

I heard a knock and the bathroom door. "And who do you love exactly?" He asked me as I opened e door.

"Sandy. She called me" I said.

"Should I be jealous." He said.

"No you shouldn't." I laughed. Then I remembered why she called. "So the paparazzi took pictures of us. I don't think people like it that we're dating" I said.

"What?" He said. I showed him my phone. He immediately called Leonardo. He was yelling at him in Italian. I didn't understand anything.

I was just lying on the bed looking at the ceiling. Maybe they were right. I shouldn't be with Alessandro. There was so many comments saying he was too good for me. Or that I was blackmailing him. Or that I was a gold digger. Or that I was ugly and to fat for him. They all hurt. I didn't know it was going to be like this. This was my first relationship. I had no idea what I was supposed to do.

"Aubrey... Aubrey" I looked at Alessandro.

"Sorry. I got lost in thought" I said.

He sighed "don't let the stupid tabloids get to your head. I love you and that's all that matters. I talked to Leonardo. He'll take care of everything." He said.

"I simply nodded. "Alessandro what if....."

"No don't you dare start. Aubrey you know I love you: I would do anything for you. I don't care what anyone else thinks. You're mine and I don't want anything else" he said. I lied on his chest.

I just need to be near him. "You're right." I told him.

"Oh by the way, next week is the event for the clinic" he said. We were finally finished with the clinic and we were about to open it. Apparently Alessandro was going to hold a party in its honor.

I sighed "can i skip it" I already knew the answer.

"Oh course not, you're the guest of honor. This is all happening thanks to you." He said.

"Alessandro you know I'm only going to make a fool of myself and you. I'm sure you can find a date that meets the standards for that type of party. I'm just a plain Jane. I don't fit in" I said.

"Aubrey. You're the most beautiful world on this planet. I'd rather die than go with someone else" he said.

Man this guy had a way with words. "We should get up. You probably have a lot of work...."

"Nope. We are staying in together all day. I don't want to share you with the rest of the world" he said. He flipped me over and showed me again and again how much he loved me.

The following days went by in a blur. Apparently Alessandro hired a designer to make me a dress. He came and measured me and never came back. Apparently the dress was a surprise and I wasn't allowed to see it until the day of the event.

Alessandro was finishing up the final details on the clinic while I was going out with the mobile until. We wouldn't see much of him during the day but we would make up for it at night.

The day of the party arrived and I don't know if I was ready.