Another Fail

Another loss, another game unsuccessful time. Merlock watched as another team member left the team. Only six members left along with the co-coach Robin who sometimes substitutes for the members. Lance proposed that his friend Dennis could join but he would need to be taught more skills. One more player is better than none but this brought the teams numbers to be 8 players who can play. This is not looking very positive for the team.

"We were so close t-to going to the next level." Lance cried, sitting down on the bench.

"Just two more rounds and then BAM, LEVEL UP!" Aaron yelled not caring who about who heard him.

"Still it is kind of karma as well dont always train and our teamwork is terrible." Macy stated while changing her shoes.

"That is irrelevant, Axl and Macy, you are right because your teamwork is terrible." Mumbled Ava.

"I dont know if I should say thank you or be offended." Macy replied.

"We need more players or else we wont be able to go to the next tournament." Izzy muttered, "Also Merlock, are you okay?"

"I am just thinking." Merlock replied looking at his team, "My sister is extremelhy sick and with her husband gone, she wants someone to guide her son when she is not with him."

"So you volunteered?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah and soon he is going to this school to make it easier for me to look after him. But I need to convince Wanda first." Merlock explained.

The team decided not to question it and continued to pack up their equipment. No one talked much after that and were mainly caught up with their own thoughts. They all heard the cheers of the other team they had just versed behind them, their hearts clenched as they wished it could be them cheering in their place.

All at once the girls left to change but the boys stayed back to continue packing up. Merlock just sat there watching them as they hold in the little tears that dared to spill. Still so young and already they went through this much loss, Merlock thought, but they keep on going. Merlock then felt that strange sensation as if he had forgotten something important. He looked up and saw that everyone had packed up and was ready to leave.

"Okay, time to go now kids." Merlock said as he got up to go.

All at different times, a chorus of goodbyes was heard as they exited the building and the tournament. From the other side of the tournament a pair of deep dark blue eyes was watching them as they left. He was sitting on the side of the court with a sling wrapped around his arm as his team was packing up from a win against the other team. I guess he forgot again. the boy thought. Thats okay. His mind is a little weird. Kind of sad that his team lost, maybe they need better training