Chapter 2- Dirty Dancing

Blair's POV

I wasn't originally planning on going to Gabe's party. I stopped partying ever since my break up with Justin just before summer started. I needed a break from my old lifestyle. So much happened junior year, and the last thing I wanted to do was party, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I would be with Harry, and we have been acquaintances for quite a while. We used to run in the same circles and always found ourselves at the same parties and smoke sessions.

Before heading off, I told my Dad I was going to Gabe's party while Harry was in the showers. He was very much wary about it at first, given everything that happened Junior year, but when I told him I was going with Harry, he was completely fine with it.

Harry was a stand-up guy, and everyone in  Eastwood knew it. Both his parents were lawyers, so he was loaded. Before his accident, he was on his way to being the number one soccer player in the county, and he was the most attractive guy in our school, which meant a string of girls ready to bow down at his feet. You would think all of this would completely go to his head, but it didn't. I had never heard a bad thing about the guy. He had also been playing varsity soccer on my Dad's team since freshman year, and I wasn't lying when I told him he was my Dad's favorite. When Harry had his accident, my Dad was with him every step of the way to make sure he could have the best chance at a full recovery.

"I trust Harry Blair, but please call me if you need anything, and I mean anything." My dad says, handing me my coat.

"I will, Dad. I promise."

"Be safe, bub." My dad says, pulling me in for a hug and planting a kiss on the top of my head.

I make my way to Harry, who was leaned up against his car with his eyes glued to his phone. He was freshly out of the shower with damp hair, black skinny jeans, and a simple white shirt. He has changed quite a bit since summer. He seemed a little more buffer, probably because of all the physical therapy he is doing for soccer. His hair has also grown much longer.

"Ready?" I ask, walking over to the passenger seat.

"Your chariot awaits Miss Parker."

+++

The ride was fairly short, considering Gabe's house was only about a ten-minute ride from the school.

Harry and I made small talk during the ride with soft music playing in the background. He asked me what I've been up to this summer. I told him not much, just finishing the last of my testing and touring colleges.

He asked me what I wanted to do in college, and I told him I wanted to study music.

"Since when were you a singer Miss Parker?" he asks jokingly.

None of my friends knew about my singing. It was something I kept to myself.

"It's my hidden talent Mr. Styles," I say back sarcastically, wiggling my eyebrows at him.

We also talked about our post highschool plans. I told him I wanted to go to NYU, and he told me he wasn't sure yet. Harry used to have lots of scouts waiting to snatch him up for their school, but the scouts disappeared after his incident. Harry was right behind me for the top academic spot at Eastwood High, so even if he didn't have soccer to get him into school, he always had his impressive grades.

All eyes were on Harry and I when we walked in together. People were probably going to think we are fucking, but it is senior year, and I could give a damn what other people had to say about me at this point.

Gabe throwing a party is nothing new, but this party was special because we were seniors, and this would be the last "It's a new school year here is an excuse to get drunk" party that Gabe could throw.