chapter two - the beginning

A large, disgusting, grease covered man sat at a table, reading the paper. He held his hand to his forehead, groaning at his massive hangover. Dan stood at the burner, cooking eggs.

"Daniel, get me some Tylenol and make your self useful." the man growled.

Dan sighed before sliding the pan off the burner to open the cabinet. He pulled out a bottle, before opening it up and pulling two out and mixing it into some Orange juice. He continued making the eggs, before preparing a single plate and gathering all of the breakfast onto a tray.

He set it down in front of the man. "Great. You can leave now." Father said, shoving him away with a nasty push.

Dan was use to it. He was Father's personal punching bag. Louie was never home, always with some girl, so Dan had to be the slave. He was the lonely emo everyone forgot.

Two years ago, before all of this, when day was merely 13 and Louie was 11, everything was happy. Intill one day Dan's fear became a tragic reality. His mother died.

Apparently she was at work and her boss was schizophrenic, and he began dreaming that she was a murderer, so he killed her.

Brutally.

With a baseball bat.

Dan pushed these thoughts away before tying on his knockoff converse. He checked himself one more time in the mirror. He was wearing a regular white tshirt, black skinny jeans, and a light grey jacket.

He fixed his fringe before heading out. He might as well try to look okay before heading off into Hell. No, school was worse than hell. It was worse than home.

When your a poor, lonely, depressed gay, a regular public highschool is not a good place. The kids think your some kind of mutant and they can catch the homosexual disease, or just cooties in general.

Dan stepped out the door. It was going to be a long, long day.

...