chapter four - bookstore

Dan sighed.

Pink paint dripped down the walls, covering his books and papers. All of them.

His wallet with lunch money was gone, his mother's pictures has been broken, and the whole thing was a mess. He silently gasped for air as he stood back against the wall and slid down. His pictures, all broken and ruined. It hurt. So bad. Worse than any beating than he could have recieved. Tears spilled across his reddened face, as he moved the fringe around his face. He was so sick, so tired, so upset... He can't handle this any more.

Dan slammed the locker shut after a bit and made way for the exit. The bell rang as he pushed open the doors and ran down the street. He couldn't stay in such a awful hell. He ran and ran intill his legs couldn't carry him any more.

He found himself outside a local book store. He had no money, but maybe sitting down and reading a book or two would calm him for a while?

He reached out and turned the knob on the rustic door. He stepped inside quietly and closed the door. Plenty brown bookshelves stood lone in the middle of the tiled floor.

A cashier with ebony hair, blue eyes like a milky sky when it drizzles, and skin as white as snow sat on the counter. His face was hidden away in a manga called, " Death Note ".  Dan smiled quickly and turned away. No doubt this man was beautiful. Dan squeezed past a few teens and into the comics and Japense novels. He pulled a familier one down off the shelf- " Dangan Ronpa ". He found a cozy spot in a corner and emersed himself in the words.

About two hours later he was interrupted by the ebony hair cashier. "Exuse me sir, sorry to bother you and such. but do you enjoy the first game aswell?"

"My favorite." Dan said sheepishly with a pink blush.

"Oh really? I've always loved Celes, dead or not." the cashier said brightly, a confident smile plastered across his face.

"I like Fujisaki best." Dan smiled shyly.

"Oh, my apologies, I'm Phil. Phil Lester. And you are?" Phil said, holding out a hand to be shaken.

"I'm Dan. Dan Howell." Dan looked up, and placed his hand in his.

"Great to meet you. Here, text me sometime? Maybe we could go to the con in May together." Phil said, running back to the desk to grab a sticky note and pen. He later returned with the note. "I'll text you sometime?" Dan said.

Phil nodded. "Nice to meet you, Dan."

Dan grinned. "Nice to meet you, Phil."