5 minutes.

sweat drips from your forehead to the edge of your neck. your teacher forced the whole gym class to run five exhausting laps around the track because mark lee ticked him off by- well. by being mark lee. volleyball is now the main sport, and you're paired up into teams of boys VS girls. the ball is spiked into the air and through the court as your pair of gym shorts stick to your legs like honey. you feel a certain pair eyes placed upon you apart from the other sweaty bodies in your gym class.

"byun! hit the goddamn ball!"

byun baekhyun had been gazing at you intermittently every five minutes. he looks away, hits the ball, and looks at you one more time before finally focusing. he chuckles at you, a smirk imprints on his face.

friends would be a questionable term to word your relationship. you've talked to him twice for questions about homework, and once to pick up a pencil that landed his way. education is at the least of his worries, but he's somehow one of the top scorers. sometimes, you can catch him drooling on his math test.

you attempt an eye staring contest at him throughout the rest of the match, but his path of sight never seems to catch yours. the game ends and teach whistles as a sign to shower up and change before going home for the day. it's your day to clean up the gym, so you stay back after everyone heads into the locker rooms.

the ground is sandy on your bare knees as you kneel to pick up the volleyballs when a finger or two taps your shoulder. flinching, you turn your head around to see the boy who drools on his math test. baekhyun bends down so that his breath tickles the nape of your neck.

"meet me in the locker room in 5 minutes."

what?

your mouth is parted, confusion greets you. before you can say anything, his back is turned towards you as he silently walks out.

locker room? why?

you pack up the nets quickly and stack the bags of balls in the supply closet. the hot sweat on your skin is unbearable, and byun baekhyun wants to talk.. you guess.

the stench of the girls' locker room is foul as you peek around the corner to see if a certain someone is in there.

"helloooo?" you drag out.

silence passes for a few seconds. maybe he forgot about his own agenda?

"if you're going to be dripping, at least drip from the right spot." a honey-toned raspy voice emits from the pin of the air.

you spin around, and standing not even an inch away from you, is baekhyun. the tip of your noses touch, his face angled down as if he was going in for a kiss. shocked, the bench hits the bottom of your knee. they instinctively buckle, leaving you positioned in front of baekhyun. to make the situation worse, your hands ended up wrapped around his calves, where his crotch area says hi.

he grabs hold of your chin, lifting your face up, darting back and forth into your panicked eyes.

"i didn't expect you to be this... eager so early on."

your mind does a 180 as you scramble up from the ground. "excuse me? i came here to change. please, either say what you want to say or get out. it's the girls' locker room for a reason."

his gaze turns into a glare. without a word, baekhyun takes a few steps and leans into the corner of the room, arms crossed, and scoffs. as if you had just offended him with the world's worst joke.

"the boys' lockers room is closed for maintenance. they shut it down after everyone left, i guess they didn't see i was still here. i need a place to change, and you're the only one with the keys."

walking to the mirror, he starts to peel off his shirt, exposing his veiny abdomen up to his surprisingly toned abs. his proportions were the least of expected. not that you stared anyways, but he always had worn quiet baggy clothes to class.

he must've seen your expression, because he lowers it back down again within a flash. his eyes dart to yours through the reflection.

"i know i'm beautiful to look at, dear, but please, refrain from drooling." he grins, full of self entitlement.

you glare in response. was he always this cocky?

"go ahead and change. i'm not looking. you shouldn't either. unless you're just that desperate." he laughs, your face being flushed.

"i won't. it's not my fault you started stripping without a warning." you defend.

the milk of his abdomen is exposed, catching your eye once again, as he hastily gets out of the cotton clothes.

baekhyun seems to be enjoying your embarrassment as he basks in judgement. "mhm. whatever you say."

you roll your eyes back. it's already 3 PM. homework is the top priority on your mind. if you were gonna catch the metro to go home, you needed to pack up pretty soon.

you start to strip out of your dirtied clothes, time is ticking. it's not as if you're ashamed of your body, because all body types are beautiful as shit. why not flaunt it in front of someone else?

you peer behind you, baekhyun was still shirtless, sporting wine red joggers that hugged his waist perfectly. he ran his long slender fingers to ruff up his messed up hair. even if he was a dick, admitting he was a hot one came easily to the tongue.

"enjoying the show?" he asks, cocky and prompt.

baekhyun walks over so that he can lean against the wall of lockers opposite of you. a pair of lace underwear and a loose tank top that loosely covers your midriff hugs your dirty skin. the breeze from his movement chills your skin, goosebumps rising as he walks closer.

his gaze moves from the bottom of your legs to your chest. the arch of his left eyebrow twitches.

"enjoying the show?" you exclaim, tilting your head.

the feeling of curiosity lingered in the air, as two individuals who haven't talked much were both almost naked and close in proximity. baekhyun stares. his gaze intimidates you as you feel smaller with each step he takes. his legs are now in between yours as your bodies imitate sardines against the humid air and the cold locker metal. your wrists are delicate in his hands as he lifts up your arms, exposing your chest to his.

"in fact, i am." he smiles a different type of smile this time, a pure happy one mixed with mischief. both of your faces are inches apart. your eyes can't help but wonder lower. from his adam's apple, to his tan collarbones, broad shoulders, and toned chest.

he exasperates, "you should really start being aware of that little thing you call volleyball shorts."

"everyone was wearing the same thing, idiot." you roll your eyes.

his slender fingers walk along your skin, sending shivers up your body. he leans in closer for a kiss, but aims for the ear, dragging his tongue from the top to your earlobe. you wince, as it tickles a spot no one has thought to touch.