Twenty-One

Ashton's POV

"That's more than just your yoga bag." I comment as Izzy slides into the passenger seat of my car.

"I don't work today, figured I'd be your shadow since I get insanely busy next week with clinicals starting, and school and work. Is that okay?" She smiles, leaning across the console to kiss me softly.

"Yes. I can take you to breakfast and you can come to the studio with me. It will be fun. But why the bags?"

"I figure I should probably work on some of my homework while I'm with you today. You'll be working so I'll sit in the corner and do my work quietly too. But at least I can do it near you."

"I'd like that." I grin, pulling onto the mostly empty road, heading towards the yoga studio.

"Me too. I feel like I only see you at yoga anymore." She whines slightly, leaning her head across the console onto my shoulder.

"We both knew we would be busy, especially with you doing your last semester of your degree. It's okay, I know it's not on purpose that you can't ever do anything. Plus our schedules are sorta flip flopped right now, you working mornings to mid afternoon and me going in at like noon and then not home until late."

"Exactly. I knew I had today off so I made a plan to be able to spend it with you." She smiles, curling her fingers around my arm, cuddling into it slightly.

"Well I greatly apprecate that. We got spoiled with those weekends in December, New York, and home, and Vegas, all before reality hit us."

"I know. We should have enjoyed them more."

"I don't think that was the problem." I chuckle.

"Ya, we enjoyed them pretty well. But it's been a couple weeks of missed calls and sporadic texts and I miss you." She frowns, looking up at me.

"That's why we are going on a breakfast date before we head into the studio. I need some time with you." I smile.

"Thank you."

"Hey, Calum's throwing a big party Saturday night to celebrate his birthday. You should come with me to that."

"He already invited me." She chuckles, "Took you long enough to ask me too though."

"Really? Please come with me, Iz, it's going to be a lot of fun. And you can meet more of my friends."

"Just tell me when to be ready, and I'll be there." She smiles.

"Yay!" I can't help but grin, excited for the prospect of seeing her again this week in an even more casual setting.

"How dressed up do I need to be for this party?"

"Not much, jeans are fine just don't wear pajamas. Although if you pack them and leave them in the car to stay with me after that's fine."

"Hint hint, wink wink." She laughs.

"Not even. Bring an overnight bag you're staying at my house after the party, Izzy Fey." I chuckle.

"Don't have to ask me twice."

"This weekend just got even better. I hope you know that."

"Oh, I do. I get to spend it with you, that makes it infinitely better. I haven't got to do that in weeks."

"That's why it wasn't a hint but a statement."

"A very good statement." She sighs, rubbing her fingers over my arm softly.

"Does the studio look closed to you?" Izzy asks as I turn into the empty parking lot.

"There's no one here. Not even Amber yet." I nod.