🅴🅿︎ 🆃🅴🅽

Dominique's POV

The amount of pissed I am hasn't even been invented yet. Ara's parents called mine to me that Ara is in the hospital and when they found him, Kamar was holding him in his room. Now someone else could say I should be grateful that someone was there with him so he get the proper help sooner but hell no.

I know Kamar and I know his bald-headed ass did something. And I know he did something for sure because as I'm standing across from him in the hallways of the hospital while he has a guilty face on. He also keeps avoiding eye contact with me. Everybody knows I don't play about Ara, he is everything and more to me and I'll be damned if something happens to him because his peanut head ass doesn't know how to grow up and face the facts of liking him. He ain't got no shame in private so don't act different in public cause a girl come around.

"Okay, all that are in the waiting room are family correct?", the doctor asked as we nodded. He pulled out his clipboard from behind him and wrote some things down.

"Ara seems to have had a spike in cortisol which is the primary stress hormone. Given the nature of his health records, something like this is very crucial yet it seems to be a reoccurring thing. Because of the spike, he suffered from a seizure but we have stabilized him as of now. Chronic stress is the cause of this one so tread lightly with him."

"You're making this sound like this is not the first time it's happened. Has he had seizures like this before?", Kamar frantically asked.

"Not seizures but very high levels of stress that can cause dangers to him and others. He's also been admitted here for panic attacks as well but the rest I don't think is ethical to reveal in this matter. Some things present here I can only relay to his parents as requested."

"Can we see him soon?", I asked trying to look over his shoulder and into Ara's room. I was extremely worried for him. I'm the only one that knows about the reasons he's been here so many times and now this was something new added to the list.

"We're only taking one person at a time. He's stable for now and we want to keep it that way. You may talk amongst yourselves and decide who goes in first." I immediately volunteered myself and just went in as I saw Ara sleeping. His parents had to leave again for work and allowed us to see him just until they came back.

I sat at his side just looking over him and at the monitor managing his pulse, just to check if he was okay. Eventually I opted for holding his hand until he woke up to make me feel a little bit better. It would work a lot more however if I just heard his voice.

His list of health issues and illnesses are too much for one person, especially a person of his age. Imagine being only 17 and you've been staring at these walls since you were like 10. Then you have all these new emotions as a result of puberty so it just adds more strain onto it. It must be exhausting to walk in his shoes and I know for sure I wouldn't be able to handle it.

After a few more minutes of waiting he finally started to stir in the bed. He shifted his head over to me gently smiling, holding my hand.

"You're always the first person here. I'm pretty sure that you might not be the only one here though."

"All our friends and my family are here. You gonna tell me how this happened?"

I watched as he shrugged adjusting himself in the bed with a frown, "He didn't know what was happening. I could hear his voice a bit and it sounded like he was crying so hard. I can't fully blame it on him because I've been skipping out a few days on my medicine. But I was so emotionally....just broken from a argument we had so I just, you know. I guess my body couldn't keep up with me."

"I think you two need some time from each other," this is getting a little too serious. If Kamar being such a blind idiot is causing him these kind of problems---both of them need to dial it down and take a step back from each other.

"I couldn't handle it. It would be even worse if I look at him from afar and not be able to have nonsense conversations, it's like I'm addicted to him! I know we're bad at this whole feelings and where we stand thing but I know it'll hurt me more if I just can't be with him at all."

"It may hurt but you can seriously hurt yourself or even drag your health down even more. You are first priority and Kamar is not included in that. Just you and your overall well being. Kamar is not coming in here Ara because who knows what'll be said then." He nodded laying his head on my shoulder as I moved into the bed.

"I love you Dom, you're always there for me and help me go the right direction. I hate you for not letting me see him but you're right about my well being. I really need to get myself in order and learn to cope."

I nodded as we sat in silence for a few seconds, "Will you ever tell him what's going on?"

"Never. I don't ever wanna weigh him down or make him feel like he has to be with me because of it. I want him to be happy and not worry too much. Even if it's with someone else."

Short chapter than usual but I dropped a few little clues in here for the rest of the plot. You probably won't catch them but they're there.

Thoughts?