Chapter two - The man in drag

As I make my way up the driveway I spot Brad and Janet walk into the house. As the door shuts I make my way to the window to see whats going on.

They talk for a little bit then move into another room. That's when i hear music. I quietly open the huge door and make my way inside, I move out of sight and listen to the song. "I've heard this song before!" I think "My mother and father sang and danced to it once." I may have been small but my memory was incredible.

"Lets do the time warp again!" My mother sang "It's just a jump to the left." My father joined in. They normally sang at the dinner table, they probably hoped i would join in one day. Did I? No. Then they got up and started dancing "It really drives you insane!" I must of missed out on some of their song. I got up to leave but i was mesmerized by the way they danced.

I relised that I had moved from my cover to watch them. the song ended and they all fell onto the ground. I heard brad and Janet whispering then brad yells "Say! Any of you guys know how to Madison?" I walk over to them to listen to their conversation.

"It's just a party Janet." Brad says. I sigh and look around as they continue to argue. "Look I'm cold and I'm wet and I'm just plain scared!" Janet exclaims " I'm here, there's nothing to worry about!" Brad says smiling.

Janet screams and faints. I turn to see a man in a cape. I gasp and walk backwards tripping on the stairs and falling. My guitar lands next to me.

He starts to sing a song that I swear I've heard before! I instantly stand up, Brad walks over to me and picks up my guitar case for me. He hands it to me as the man walks Janet over to us.

"Don't get strung out
By the way I look
Don't judge a book by its cover
I'm not much of a man
By the light of day
But by night I'm one hell of a lover
I'm just a sweet transvestite
From Transexual, Transylvania" The man sings.

I look at him carefully as he sings and realize that I've seen him before. I've also heard my Mother and Father talk about that place, about going back there. My Mother refused and since then I haven't heard my Father talk about it.

The man walks over to get a drink, Brad starts to talk to him and I follow.

"I'm glad we caught you at home. Could we use your phone? We're both in a bit of a hurry." Brad says "Right!" Exclaims Janet. "We'll just say where we are then go back to the car. We don't want to be any worry." I say as he stares at me then continues to sing.

"Well you got caught with a flat
Well how 'bout that
Well babies don't you panic
By the light of the night
It'll all seem alright
I'll get you a Satanic mechanic
I'm just a sweet transvestite
From Transexual, Transylvania

Why don't you stay for the night
Or maybe a bite.
I could show you my favorite obsession
I've been making a man
With blonde hair and a tan
And he's good for relieving my tension
I'm just a sweet transvestite
From Transexual, Transylvania" The man continues to sing.

I look up at Brad with a look that says "What is happening!" He looks down at me with the same expression. Janet however looks scared and scarred. "Who is this man? What does he want." I begin to think of so many questions that i need to be answered. I'm snapped out of thoughts when the man retreats to the elevator again.

"So come up to the lab
And see what's on the slab
I see you shiver with antici.....pation
But maybe the rain
Isn't really to blame
So I'll remove the cause
But not the symptom" The elevator goes up as he finishes.

"Up to the lab? Slab?" I start with the questions again. Oh god, I should of stayed at home.