1.2 Wake Up

The band decided to check out how the inside of the house had changed. They all walk into the house but freeze in their tracts when Julie yells, "That's me. Ripping off the Band-Aid. Aah!" Carlos chuckles at his sister. The band notices Julie and her family having dinner. 

The other woman in the room hugs Julie, "There's my brave girl."

Luke leans towards Julie, "Hey, Julie, I really like what you guys did with the place."

"You shouldn't be here," Julie tries to whisper yell at them. 

The woman gasps, "Oh, I'm just here to help, Mija."

Alex says, "Oh... I think that's our cue to leave."

"Ya think?" Lara grabs her brother to head outside.

Julie says as they turn to walk out, "I mean, you should be at Pilates. Thanks for bringing us food."

Her aunt chuckles and hugs her again, "Oh."

Reggie apologizes, "We should've called first."

"Sorry, Julie," Lara waves.

The band leaves and goes back into the studio. Luke walks over to the piano and notices a song just sitting there, "Hey Lara, come read this. It's really good." 

She walks over to him and reads the song, "Wow, I wonder if Julie's mom wrote it. You know since this is her studio?"

"Oh ya, she probably did. Think Julie knows about it?"

"Probably." Lara nods towards the middle of the room, "Hey guys look at our instruments. They have not played a single note by us in like 25 years."

Luke grins, "Lara's right, who's ready to make some music again?" They all laugh and grab their respective instruments, and start to play as a band once again.

Julie walks into the studio not too long after, "Guys! Guys, stop! Enough! Stop! Cut it out!" Lara and Reggie stop playing, then Alex, then Luke. "The whole neighborhood could hear you. I thought I told you to leave."

Luke grins, "Wait. People can hear us play?"

"Yes! And so did my dad and brother!"

"W-w-wait. So, only you can see us, but everyone can hear us? I mean, what kind of ghosts are we?" Alex says.

Luke gets excited, "Who cares, man? People can hear us play!"

"We might be dead, but our music isn't." Reggie and Alex fist bump. Lara and Luke high five. They all laugh and celebrate. Julie's dad comes in.

"Dad!"

"Hey. Just making sure you're ok."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had to turn off the CD player."

"Wait. Is this the junk that was in the loft?"

Luke and Lara both question, "Junk?"

Her dad starts to mess with the instruments, "Some of this stuff's in pretty good shape. Hey, maybe we can make a couple bucks."

Alex sees him messing with his drum set, "What? Yo, stop touching my drums. Tell him to stop touching my drums."

"I liked that song you had on."

"Sweet! We're Sunset Curve," Luke chimed in.

Reggie and Lara in unison, "Tell your friends." They grin at each other, like they always do whenever they say those words.