8.1 Unsaid Emily

Reggie and Lara are sitting with Ray watching him go through photos. Reggie leans over to look at the screen better, "Ooh, I like this one. It's got a good composition, buddy."

"What are you doin'?" Alex pops in and sighs loudly.

"Eh, I needed a pick-me-up, and hanging with Ray always does the trick."

"Does it? Ok," Alex looks to Lara who shrugs.

Carlos walks into the room holding a box, "Dad, I have a ghost update."

"Ok, this might be interesting," Alex fully turns to face the smaller boy.

Ray stops working on his computer, "Really? Come on, Carlos, we've talked about this."

"I know you're not a believer, but listen to this."

"Do I have a choice?"

Carlos places the box on the table, "No."

"You go, little man," Reggie grinned.

"After Julie played with her hologram band last night, I couldn't sleep."

Ray agreed, "Those songs do get stuck in your head."

"He likes our new music too," Reggie looked to Alex and Lara.

Alex shakes his head, "Ah, still doesn't count."

"He so does count," Lara laughs.

Carlos opened the box, "I learned on YouTube that ghosts haunt because something's bothering them. So to get rid of them, you gotta find out what crawled up their ghost butts!"

Reggie giggled, "He said 'ghost butts'."

"Reg, really?" Lara gave a slight smile to him while Alex gave him a weird look.

Ray points to his son, "Language."

"Sorry." Carlos and Reggie both say.

Alex gives Reggie another weird look.

Lara shakes her head and stands up, laughing, "Well have fun with these boys Alex I gotta go." She vanishes before they get the chance to ask her where she's going.

Lara lands in front of her old door. Noticing Luke and Julie were talking. Julie ran her plan by Lara earlier that day and she agreed to it, but she still wanted to be there for her brother.

Luke hadn't noticed Lara show up, "You were spying on me? Even after all your speeches about boundaries? You were spying on me?"
"I know. I'm sorry. It was wrong. But I'm worried about you," Julie apologized.

"You don't have to be," Luke turned and noticed his sister was behind him.

"I get it. I know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and can't. I feel that way every day."

"I don't even know what I'd say to her, even if she could hear me."

"Yes, you do. You've already said it. Trust me."

Luke looks to his sister who grabs his hand in support and he presses the doorbell.

Their dad answer's the door, "Hello. Can I help you?"

"Hi. I'm Julie. Um... I believe you had a son named Luke, and a daughter named Lara?"

"Oh yes, that's right. And you are again?"