chapter. 1 Dream

Some claims that the birth of a true gods, great heroes, and powerful rulers are heralded by signs within the heaven, such as; flowers collectively blooming, shower of stars, flocks of birds circling the child’s birthplace, the sky giving blessed rain to place that are in brink of drought or a war ending in victory.

In Bai Empire the phenomenon really occurred, not just once but twice, one in a capital which is celebrated by the entire nation and one in a backward village where only a few recognizes.

Zhang Wei's birth is just like that, villagers says that flowers bloom and a flocks of crane keep on circling the small village making the place a exceptional sight to behold, the phenomenon become a talk for a while by the Banyan villagers and neighbouring village before being forgotten for nobody knows what the sign is all about.

The capital in the other hand is slightly chaotic for one royal babe and one noble child is born that night where the showering of stars happen. At the end, considering that the child born in a noble household is only a *Gher, the phenomenon is collectively known as a sign of a dragon, still babe, the child is conferred titled the crown prince and the just born Gher, a crown princess.

Zhang Wei sat on his bed, mumbling while still trap in trance. He just had a very long dream. He felt like he dream about his future.

At the age of Eighteen, Zhang Wei's parents died due to sickness. His older sister and her husband help with the funeral asking him to go home with them after the ceremony but he refused knowing that he would have to go away for the provincial exam.

Selling his parents farm, Zhang Wei embarked on the journey of becoming a scholar, with his mentor, they ace many exam before topping the Imperial examination.

Afterwards, Zhang Wei become the trusted advisor of the crown prince, and a ally and friend of the crown princess.

Zhang Wei is a single-minded and loyal person. Even with all the crown prince flaws, his extravagant spending, his inhuman nature and easy to manipulate mind he still help the crown prince get the crown, his reasoning that time is even with all his flaws, the crown prince has a intelligent partner who has many new and novel ideas who would help in governing the empire.

When the hunt is over, the bow is discarded. Zhang Wei is the bow, a very powerful bow that could even threatened the throne. The now Emperor first planned to make use of the bandits and enemies hand, decreeing the advisor to hold arms and go to the northern border as a general.

But Zhang Wei proved to be a tenacious weed who would never perish but would quickly adopt to his surrounding. The scholar garbs and teachings are discarded, now born a new Zhang Wei, A valiant and brave general who after defeating his enemy become the enemies headache.

But the general's life is destined to be short. The Emperor after knowing all Zhang Wei's achievements didn’t have a good sleep for many days. At least, as a advisor, the emperor can at least monitor his whereabouts and even formulate plan to corrupt Zhang Wei's name. As a general, a general who happens to be stationed in a border thousands miles away, the Emperor is very worried.

Then his Empress give him the best solution. A month after, the valiant general who cause his enemy to quake in fear died due to a fire that broke out into the northern barracks. Many people died that night, countless of foods, war horses, armours and weapons are burned as well.

Zhang Wei who is sitting grimace remembering the excruciating pain of being burnt alive. They ruled it as a accident but Zhang Wei knows better. The barracks lodging’s doors and windows are all nailed shut, so is the gate. Daring to burn one of the largest barracks, only the person sitting in the capital can do that.

After the crowning ceremony, Zhang Wei knows that his power makes the Emperor to suspicious so when the Imperial decree arrive, he abide to it, donning armour and holding sword, yet at the end, the person who he wholeheartedly help burnt him to death because of suspicion.

At the end, all my hard work only cause my early demise. I’ll just stay here to become a farmer than to be use as a pawn. Easily discarded after he had done it’s purpose.

Zhang Wei prove to be really a single-minded and decisive person. Early morning, the young man visited his mentor, announcing that he would not continue his studies. With only one sentence he easily cut his path in going to the capital.

Zhang Wei didn’t know if the dream would happen but he never wanted to gamble. He only had one life, betting with it would be a foolish move.

His parents at this time is dead, his sister's family is long gone, leaving him all alone with only the chickens and ducks as his companion.

In his dream, Zhang Wei sold everything before pushing forward for he knows that he didn’t have any home to return to. This time, he still has a home and field, he is content with it. He can even teach the youngsters for additional income if he wanted to, studying since young plus his experiences in his dream makes him a very qualified teacher.

Glory and fame is not worth it if the price is death. Living here and becoming a farmer is good..... but first I must improve my quality of life.

Like infected from his dream, Zhang Wei who is born as a peasant's child find himself looking for more luxurious items. Small things like his quality of foods to his clothes and dwelling.

As his body this time is still weak, having confine at home or in school. even with all the experience Zhang Wei gained from his dream, hunting would be dangerous. The planting season had just finished so his fields is the least of his problem. The most important thing is getting stronger and earning money.

Practicing my martial art is a must!

______________________________________
*Gher– they are men who have the ability to give birth to a child. They have a trademark cinnabar mole in their forehead. The brighter it is, the better their fertility rate is.